Names Searched Right Now:

a brother for Remy !

ever since I was little I've loved names and dreamt about naming my children, but now that I have the opportunity it's so hard! i've been looking for opinions on my future sons name, I'm just about seven months along now, and would love for your help! i have a four year old daughter, Remy Grace already and am looking for something that flows nicely with her name, but not matchy-matchy at all.

I love the name Lane, but my husband doesn't like it for his first name, although he's agreed to let me keep it for the middle name. basically i have three choices right now: Rylan Lane, Elliot Lane or Cohen Lane, but I haven't been able to settle on one! with my daughter it was much easier and i wasn't himming and hawing like i am now! so any help/suggestions would be appreciated! thank you!

Re: a brother for Remy !

Here are some suggestions

Curtis
    Travis
    Miles
    Alex
    Tate
    Dane
    Reid
    Axel
    Kirk
    Gavin
    Marin
    Owen
    David
    Charles nn Charlie
    Asher
    Nolan
    Dan (this is not a nn)

I like Elliott Lane, if you are Jewish Cohen is good but Cohen Lane has too much of the 'n' sound, I dislike Rylan not good with Remy.
    Psalm 23

Re: a brother for Remy !

From your choices, I like Elliot Lane the most. I think it's very handsome. :-)

A Cohen is a Jewish priest and a common Jewish last name (such as Goldberg or Schwartz), and some (not all) Jewish people may be offended or taken aback by its use as a first name, especially on a non-Jewish baby.

If you follow this link and go to (I think) the 5th post down, I answered Rollo's question about Cohen, and included Pam's in depth thoughts on the name: http://nameberry.com/nametalk/viewto...03&hilit=cohen

Of course, you need to choose the name that's right for you, but I thought I'd mention Cohen's background.

Some modern names that may appeal to you:

Archer
    Anderson
    Donovan
    Finnegan
    Harrison
    Maxfield
    Sullivan
    Sawyer (I think Lane sounds great with a longer first name, though)

Names more along the lines of Elliot:

Alexander
    Everett
    Gabriel
    Jasper
    Oliver
    William

Good luck! :-)