Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thelonious nn Theo WDYT?

DH is finally willing to talk more in depth about our name options. Since day 1 he has wanted lighting in honor of Lightning Hopkins a country blues guitarist he loves. I of course said no as a first name and possibly a mn as a compromise. Now he came up with Thelonious after his favorite Jazz performer Thelonious Monk. How do u feel about this name? is it too out there even with the nn Theo? In general I dislike nn for that reason we took off Tennessee from out list i just dont like Tenny. Zephyr, Rio and Stetson are still on our list. thank you!!

Re: Thelonious nn Theo WDYT?

It feels pretty out there to me (especially paired with your daughter, Lila), but I do think it has a cool vibe. I love the Theo nickname and saw that Pam and Linda wrote about Theolious being a Latinized version of Tillo. I think that Tillo could be an interesting nickname, and it reminds me of Rio's feel.

(Rio is still my favorite on your list.) :-)

Good luck!

It does sound a bit too heavy with Lila. Rio is still my favorite as well.

Tillo very interesting! Lila is from a previous relationship so the names will not be in the same style. I do want their names to sound ok together but matching the style exactly is not a priority or a reality.

I like it a lot! Spelt Thelonius maybe? Drop the 2nd 'o' to shorten it just a little?
    Its rare but doesn't sound ridiculous and has a normal nn. Do you not like 'Theo' did you say?