Names Searched Right Now:

What do you think of this sibset?

Re: What do you think of this sibset?

I think Ross feels a little off in comparison, but the others I really like!

Fiona Elizabeth
    Scarlett Mary
    Callum Jack
    Ross Jeffrey

I LOVE Fiona and Scarlett together - both are feminine, fairly unique, flirty, spunky, and fun! However, I think it would be best as Fiona Mary and Scarlett Elizabeth because then there wouldn't be the awkward pause between Fiona and Elizabeth - a first name ending in a vowel and a middle name beginning with one always bothers me that way.

Origin-wise, Fiona, Callum, and Ross work beautifully because they are all Scottish. Furthermore, each name is decidedly masculine or feminine, and they have a rising number of syllables from Ross to Fiona. Scarlett, being English, is a bit different here, but it still works beautifully with Fiona.

It bothers me slightly that Callum and Ross have middle names beginning with J, but the first names pair wonderfully! I personally think Callum Jeffrey sounds better than Callum Jack.

Furthermore, both Scarlett and Fiona have very traditional, religious middle names of Hebrew origin, whereas the boys have non-religious, but still classic, English middle names. Something like Callum Jonathan and Ross Nathaniel would work well with the girls' middle names, as would Callum Daniel and Ross James - I have a cousin with this name.

Overall, I think this sibset is pretty good, full of unique, spunky names with character!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by ricamaca
    I think Ross feels a little off in comparison, but the others I really like!
    Ditto!

ross doesn't fit