Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What do YOU think about Ethan?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cute, but not my style

7 28.00%
  • Way too common/dated

12 48.00%
  • Strong & timeless

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think?? POLL

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with our 3rd, gender unknown. We really like the name Ethan for a boy, but I keep hearing people saying it's really dated and way overdone. I personally only know of ONE Ethan, so to me it's a unique (but not too exotic) strong name. What do you think?

The siblings are Blake & Nicholas, but it doesn't have to "match" exactly... We're thinking of Porter or Parker for a middle name...

Re: What do you think?? POLL

I posted before about Ethan saying why I didn't like it but I think that I am in the minority.

If you like short names here is one that isn't heard of often, Kobe, like Kobe Bryant.
    Psalm 23

I loveeee Ethan!

Like Chloe, I don't think Ethan is dated exactly, but it is VERY popular -- #3 in U.S. last year! It may be bordering on dated given its been popular for a few years now, but if you still really love it and don't mind its popularity, go for it!

Ethan seems more dated to me than your other choice, Chloe (which really isn't dated). I also think Ethan is a very childish name, and I don't like picturing it on grown men. It doesn't have the same rugged handsome feel of Blake and Nicholas. I know a three-year-old named Ethan, and I didn't like the name when he was given it, either. I also know of older actors named Ethan, but it still doesn't work for me. Sorry!

Suggestions:
    Carter
    Dawson
    Deacon
    Garrett
    Holden
    Hudson
    Jackson
    Landon
    Matthew
    Pacey
    Roman
    Ryder
    Tobin
    Wyatt

Andrew
    Damon
    Jason
    Lucas
    Peter
    Stephen
    Thomas
    Zander

Good luck with your name search!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude