Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Re: Obsessive Teen Name Loving(:

I'm 18...and abolutely LOVE names ^_^ My mom thinks I'm nuts, but...ah well!

Favorite combos-
    Henry Albus-- dead set on this one! Albus-- Albus Dumbledore!
    Charles Atticus nn Charlie-- I adore "Charlie" & Atticus Finch is amazing.

Lily Tonks-- I know Lily is super popular, but it's just my favorite name! Tonks-- Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter.
    Lucy Ginevra-- adore Lucy, Ginevra from Harry Potter.

Sadly, my mom really doesn't like Henry! Thinks it's a girl's name- nn for Henrietta. I told her no way, and I keep mentioning "Henry" and she's not complaining anymore..even smiled when I had a dream about him! Won't even mention Albus as the mn! She'll lose it. =P She likes Lily, though...Tonks same as Albus. (She'll get the HP obsession...she knows me!)

Quote Originally Posted by namegoddess
    Haha, thanks :D When I told my mom that I liked the name Theodore Edwin she looked at me like I'd lost my mind. (Chuckle, chuckle.) And my grandmother was aghast at my love of Edwin, which is in her words, the epitome of "a nerdy little boy", ha. But mostly they just take it when I make them listen to my names, even back to the days in 5th grade when I was set on naming a daughter Ireland Zabeth...ah, goodness!
    Haha, I make my parents listen to my name lists too! They think it's crazy that I'm so obsessed with names and spend so much time on Nameberry... "Are you on Nameberry again!?" but they're mostly supportive! Ireland Zabeth, haha, I used to make up names like Roselena or Meliana when I was that age.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I was so that person as a teenager! lol i had cabbage patch dolls that i would register online and constantly change their names because i would find new names that i liked! lol my mom thought i was so weird because i had like 13 or 14 of those dolls. lol just so i could name a bunch of them!

I'm 17. My current favorites are...hm...I'm not sure. I like too many. :)

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning to highlight name love on college apps?

I was definitely a name-loving teen! I love your name lists--each and every one of yours. :-)

You're all lovely, and your parents should be very proud of you. :-)

Nameberry attracts fantastic teenagers, and I'm so impressed by you all!

My favorite names from your lists: Cordelia Ivy, Jasper Elias, Henry (I can't recall the middle!), and Lucy Ginevra. I also really love Cecily and Theodore!

I hope that school is going well for all of you! :-)

Take care!