Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Re: Obsessive Teen Name Loving(:

I'm seventeen, and I'm a huge name lover. It's kind of a problem. I'm also a writer, so I actually get to use a lot of my favourite names!

At the moment, my favourite name is probably Jean, though I can't find a good mn for it. I like it with Veronica.My grandma's name was Jean, and we were incredibly close my entire life, so I want to honour her memory in that way. At first I really didn't like the name Jean, but it's really grown on me, to the point that it has become one of my favourites. Veronica is also a family name, as it's the middle name of both my mother and my maternal grandmother.

For the longest time my absolute favourite name was Isabel, but unfortunately it's become incredibly popular in recent years, so that's rather spoiled it for me.

So,
    Jean Veronica
    Nora Matilda
    Vera Evangeline
    Philippa
    Eleanor (Ellie) Well, really any name that you can get Ellie out of, I like. Mostly.

Theodore (Teddy, not Theo)
    Hugh

I'm 15 and I love names. :)

I'm just outside of this name gap, but I'm on here because I love names, too! I'm called on to name my friends' plants, characters in their stories, and other things, too!

By the way, you all far outweigh the expectations that most people have of teenagers in your naming style. Trendy (yooneek) names are expected, but yours are well-thought-out and quite stunning! My favorites are Cecily Beatrice (I love Cecily), Cordelia Ivy (as long as she isn't called Cori - ruins a beautiful name in my opinion!), and, of course, Theodore. Lovely job, girls!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

You teens blow me away! No, I'm not one - I'm 36, but every time I learn one of you is a teen, I am so impressed because you seem so mature, and you have REALLY great tastes! Just think -- you all may very well be helping to shape current naming trends! Of course, the great masses aren't on here becoming name-wise, just giving their children outdated misspelled names . . . that's another story though . . .

Emrasmus, I have a Henry Atlas (similar to your Albus - its a family name), and if this one is a boy, its Charles Atticus (nn Charlie) -- don't know if you saw my post - Charlie, Leo or Another? (We were doing Augustus, but husband wants Atticus now). Anyway, looks like we love the same names!

I'm 15 and I'm totally obsessed with names! I love coming on Nameberry because you're all so friendly and have great taste in names :D My favourites at the moment are:

Emmeline Ruby
    Adelaide Tess

Jude Sullivan
    Theodore Henry