Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Re: Obsessive Teen Name Loving(:

Oh my goodness, as a teen I was craaazy about names! I still own about 7 baby name books that are scribbled and written all over and a few of them are falling apart from all the overuse!

When I was a teenager I loved the name Tibia. Yes, the bone. I was dead set on it for quite awhile. I wanted girl twins, Tibia and Treinta (30 in Spanish). I don't know what I was thinking!

Now, my sister is a teenager and likes names like I did. She likes the names LeeRoy and Jamal. I'm hoping she grows out of this phase!

And for all you teens, from a former name-obsessed teens, it gets so much harder when you are actually expecting! I have so many names I like that I don't know what to do with, and it's almost impossible to narrow them down!
    -Kourtni
    mommy to Kara Margaret born 9.28.10

Hey! I just found this site and am basically in heaven. I'm a teen as well (well, 18, so almost not a teen anymore). I've loved names for as long as I can remember. My sister and Mom used to think I was crazy for naming my dolls names like Olive, Daisy and Peaches and it cracks me up that years later names like Olive and Daisy (maybe not so much Peaches...) are on the rise! I have an ever growing list of names that is ridiculously long at this point. My favorites at the moment are:

GIRLS
    Juliet Ivy
    Alma Louise
    Imogen Sage
    Liberty Sloane
    Iris Elisabeth

BOYS
    Silas Rhett
    Judah Grant
    Robert Dashiell
    Edward Knox
    Ferris James

I look forward to posting here often! It's awesome to know that there are other name loving teens out there :)
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by namegoddess
    Well, this definitely got a lot more hits than I expected. (-:
    Interestingly enough, a lot of the names posted on here by teens mirror the same styles I like.
    It's funny reading remarks about other people almost wanting to have kids prematurely just to name them. My friend's mom is pregnant again and I fully volunteered myself for name councilling, haha. When my friend first broke the news to me, I was like, "THIS MEANS NAAAAAME BOOOOOKS! Now you HAVE to listen to me!!" I tackled her a bit, I think. And I feel thoroughly unguilty about that, too. (-:
    Well, have fun naming, guys! I'm just going to go back to listening to my music and perousing more of Nameberry (incidentally, I'm listening to Little Song by The Secret Handshake--wouldn't it be odd if we all had similar music taste, as well??)

--NameGoddess
    haha..yes that would be odd..but isn't odd the standard when you are a teen and you love names?
    Lara
    Ps: I love that song...xD

I'm 13 and my friends and I LOVE names!! We're always talking about our latest favorites and cool meanings. My parents think I'm insane.

My current favs:

Girls:
    Ever (Evie)
    Aubrey
    Susannah
    Hope
    Luna

Boy:
    Henry
    James
    Finnegan
    True
    "I think that is what life is all about, actually. About children and flowers." -Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by cissybella
    I'm 13 going on 14 and have recently discovered my obsession for names!

My favorite combos (forever changing)

are:

Brianna Rosalie
    Alexis Nathalie
    Aurora Alexandria
    Aurora Arthemisa
    Elizabeth Tonks (don't ask, I just like it)
    Lily Tonks
    Romy Ray or Romy Rayne
    Luna Bellatriz (at one time I considered Luna Nymphadora)
    Claire de Lune ( I actually like this as a name)

Boys:

James Eliah ( I don't know why, I just like how it sounds and the bibical name.)
    Oliver Nicholas
    Roman Auguste
    Dillon Tristan
    Nicholas Andrew
    Lysander Lorcan (Way to go Luna. ( i mean JKR)

My mom thinks I'm nut too...Way to go name loving teens!

*I don't know if you notice but, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with Harry Potter.
    Your Harry Potter obbsessiveness makes me love you. I feel SO lucky that my name is in Harry Potter. Twice! (I'm Lily)
    "I think that is what life is all about, actually. About children and flowers." -Audrey Hepburn