Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

~ Clover vs. Coco

~ Our oldest child was named Cole Patrick, and then his little sister came along, and we named her Cate Maura after my mother, Catherine, and my mother-in-law, Mary, (Maura is the Irish form of Mary). We have decided to stick with the "C" theme and I would so LOVE to honor my Grandmother by having the middle name be Nell and I would like for the nick name to be as sweet as Cate's, which is "Kitty". My mother's nickname is "Cat", and so "Kitty" was a shoe in for her. So, the choices and their nicknames...in no particular order are:

~ Chloe Nell (nn Clover OR Coco)
    ~ Claire Nella (Irish form of Nell) (nn Clover)
    ~ Charlotte Nell (Honors BOTH Maternal Great Grandmothers) (nn Lottie, Tottie, Cookie)
    ~ Clover Nell (nn possibly Coco)
    ~ Coco Nell

~ Thanks SOOO much!!!

Re: ~ Clover vs. Coco

I feel strongly that you should NOT use Coco as the full name. It is a sweet nickname for a child, but not a name you would want on your resume as a grown woman.

Clover is another name that sounds cute for a little girl, but would probably be a difficult name to wear as an adult.

Chloe is not a name I particularly like, but plenty of people love this name and there's really nothing wrong with it, other than that it's a bit popular - I'm not sure Chloe Nell has the best flow, though.

Of your choices, I like Claire the best, but Claire Nell is rather abrupt.

Some other suggestions:

Charlotte Nell* (I think this has a great flow, and the nickname Lottie is adorable, esp with sister Kitty)

Caroline Nell (the n's do run into each other a bit, but I think it has a nice flow otherwise, and Caroline could be shortened to Cara)

Corinna Nell (you could get the nickname Coco or Cora out of this)
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by [name
    Mandi[/name]]~ Our oldest child was named Cole Patrick, and then his little sister came along, and we named her Cate Maura after my mother, Catherine, and my mother-in-law, Mary, (Maura is the Irish form of Mary). We have decided to stick with the "C" theme and I would so LOVE to honor my Grandmother by having the middle name be Nell and I would like for the nick name to be as sweet as Cate's, which is "Kitty". My mother's nickname is "Cat", and so "Kitty" was a shoe in for her. So, the choices and their nicknames...in no particular order are:

~ Chloe Nell (nn Clover OR Coco)
    ~ Claire Nella (Irish form of Nell) (nn Clover)
    ~ Clover Nell (nn possibly Coco)
    ~ Coco Nell

~ Thanks SOOO much!!!
    Not only do you have a C theme going, but you have a one-syllable C first name followed by two-syllable middle name. that being said, I think your only choice is Clare - I would use the English spelling, as both Cole and Cate are English.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

~ That is SOOO Ironic...I had considered Charlotte Nell, as like my first daughter's name, was orchestrated to honor her Grandmother's, Charlotte Nell would honor Both Maternal "Great Grandmother's", however, I was sad that Charlotte did not have that same "C" sound as Cole and Cate, but thanks for your interest in that name combo...I will go ahead and add it to the list for others to consider as well!

Let me list you some more choices for C names with a K sound ^^
    * by my favourites:
    Calais
    Caledonia
    Caliope
    Cambria
    Camelia*
    Cameo
    Camomile (odd, I know...)
    Capella
    Carmel*
    Carys*
    Cassiopeia
    Clarion
    Clarity
    Clio*
    Claudia
    Cosette
    Claudine
    Cosima* (or Cosme)
    Colleen
    Claude
    Cloud
    Clyde* (Tori Amos put this name on a girl, I haven't thought of it as a boy name since, although most people would...)

Also, Nameberry has Coel listed as a variant of Colleen, but I think it's a lot nicer in fact ^^ Maybe Coelle to make the pronunciation more intuitive? I'm not usually one for inventing names, but Coelle is pretty cute... Hmmm...
    Anyway, best of luck!
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn