Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: how important is matching???

I think Charlotte is the perfect name! Your other kid's names definitely don't scream Italian to me at all-- they represent a wide range of origins. I don't think Isabella and Josslyn go together at all. First of all, it's misspelled. Second of all, even the actual spelling, Jocelyn, was traditionally a male name, which gives it a total different feel from Isabella. Anyway, I think Anthony, Rocco, Isabella, and Charlotte make a really lovely sibset!
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Stick to Charlotte!
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by irisrose
    I think Charlotte is the perfect name! Your other kid's names definitely don't scream Italian to me at all-- they represent a wide range of origins. I don't think Isabella and Josslyn go together at all. First of all, it's misspelled. Second of all, even the actual spelling, Jocelyn, was traditionally a male name, which gives it a total different feel from Isabella. Anyway, I think Anthony, Rocco, Isabella, and Charlotte make a really lovely sibset!
    I agree. I actually DO think in the future that there would be some sore feelings between Isabella and Jocelyn. I honestly think Jocelyn is a bit masculine and not near as pretty and feminine as Isabella, and if I had that name while my sister had Isabella, I would feel a bit upset. This is just me, though. Charlotte is a name that exudes elegance, class, style, poise, and femininity, even though it is a feminized version of a traditionally male name. Also, your children do not, as others have said, have completely Italian names. The only one that seems slightly off in a sibset of Anthony, Rocco, Isabella, and Charlotte is Rocco, because it is more trendy and less classic than the others. However, I don't think this is a big deal at all. I do agree with earlier posters that the American pronunciation of Luciana is not a butchering; rather, it is a pronunciation variant. I don't think it is better or worse. However, I DO think that if people hear you pronounce your daughter's name, they will also pronounce it that way. How do you think all of the Saoirse's and Rihanna's and Eva's get people to pronounce their names correctly? The same way people will learn to pronounce Luciana how you want it to be pronounced. I think Luciana or Charlotte are your best options, as Jocelyn (or even worse, in my opinion, Josslyn) just doesn't stand up to the fine naming examples of Anthony, Rocco, and Isabella! Good luck with your decision.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by meghan
    Have you thought of Carlotta? More international sounding than Charlotte, and lots of cute nicknames (Carlie, Lottie, Dot, Car, Cara, Lotta, Lulu...)
    I agree. The nickname Carlie comes more naturally from Carlotta.