Names Searched Right Now:

sister for Finley and Oliver

We have two wonderful boys and are now having a girl and need help with picking a name. I love the name Grayce and also love Hattie Rose, but my husband isn't too fond of them. We are open to suggestions so please help us!

Re: sister for Finley and Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by louisem
    We have two wonderful boys and are now having a girl and need help with picking a name. I love the name Grayce and also love Hattie Rose, but my husband isn't too find of them. We are open to suggestions so please help us!
    I think your sons have great names. :-)

I think that Grace (no y) is lovely (very popular in the U.S., though), and really love Hattie, both on its own as as a nickname for Harriet and Henrietta. (Rose is the #1 middle name in the U.S., so Rose has become a filler middle...Not sure where you are, though!)

Finley, Oliver, and:

Amelia
    Annabel/Annabelle
    Blythe
    Cora
    Charlotte
    Clara
    Clementine
    Eliza
    Eleanor (nn Nora)
    Genevieve (nn Evie)
    Hazel
    Helena (nn Nell)
    Iris
    Josephine
    Jane
    Matilda
    Maeve (if you'd like to go the Irish route again...)
    Mabel (nn Mae, Maisie, or Belle)
    Nell
    Nora
    Nola
    Rose (as a first name)
    Rosalie (has Finley's ending sound, though)
    Scarlett
    Stella
    Tess
    Willa

Best wishes to you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem
    We have two wonderful boys and are now having a girl and need help with picking a name. I love the name Grayce and also love Hattie Rose, but my husband isn't too find of them. We are open to suggestions so please help us!
    I think your sons have great names. :-)

I think that Grace (no y) is lovely (very popular in the U.S., though), and really love Hattie, both on its own as as a nickname for Harriet and Henrietta. (Rose is the #1 middle name in the U.S., so Rose has become a filler middle...Not sure where you are, though!)

Finley, Oliver, and:

Amelia
    Annabel/Annabelle
    Blythe
    Cora
    Charlotte
    Clara
    Clementine
    Eliza
    Eleanor (nn Nora)
    Genevieve (nn Evie)
    Hazel
    Helena (nn Nell)
    Iris
    Josephine
    Jane
    Matilda
    Maeve (if you'd like to go the Irish route again...)
    Mabel (nn Mae, Maisie, or Belle)
    Nell
    Nora
    Nola
    Rose (as a first name)
    Rosalie (has Finley's ending sound, though)
    Scarlett
    Stella
    Tess
    Willa

Best wishes to you! :-)
    my intention with the y in grace was that it would be pronounced gray cie, but spelled differently than 'gracie' but it seems to have been confusing to quite a few people and i don't want her to have too much trouble with her name...i love charlotte but that is my niece's name....and i love tess, maybe even tessa?!? thanks for your input

If you like Charlotte and can't use it, perhaps you would like Caroline? They are both feminized versions of Charles. I think if you want to use Grayce (Gracie - very confusing spelling, by the way!), it would best be suited to a middle name. Caroline Grayce would be pretty, as would Caroline Grace, or even Caroline Grey.

Some names that go well with Finley: Blair, Catriona, Greer, Isla, Lorna, Paisley, Skye

Some names that go well with Oliver: Beth, Blythe, Cate, Clare, Jane, Nell, Pearl, Rose, Alice, Audrey, Georgia, Hazel, Ivy, Louise, Lucy, Nora, Tatum, Adeline, Arabelle, Eliza, Juliet, Madeline, Margaret, Rosalind, Rosanna, Evangeline

Personally, I don't care for sibling names having the same ending, if possible to avoid. So, I wouldn't choose a name ending in -y or -er for your daughter, since these sounds are already used in Finley and Oliver. I think your best bets are Caroline, Isla, Cate, Jane, Alice, Hazel, Tatum, Adeline, Eliza, Margaret, or Evangeline.

Good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I have no idea how people would have a problem pronouncing Grace. It would have to be one of the simplest names around. If you were naming her Ciel I could understand but everyone knows how to spell Grace and the natural nn is Gracie, which I think spoils a lovely name.

Please don't add a 'y' it just butchers the name.
    Psalm 23