Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need an unusual super cool Jewish name

A friend of mine has a toddler son named Sheldon Maverick nn Shel. They will be adding to their family with a little boy. My friend asked me for help with a list of names as she really liked many of the names of my boys list like Tennessee, Rio and Zephyr. I know her and her hubby are very interested in Jewish names to honor their heritage but also want an easy to say name that is very unusual. Any suggestions??

Re: Need an unusual super cool Jewish name

Hebrew names that remind me of Sheldon (I'll star the ones I can best see with Sheldon):

Abram (or Abraham, nn Bram)
    Abner*
    Abbott (nn Abe)
    Eleazar
    Ezra*
    Emmanuel (nn Manny)*
    Gideon
    Hillel*
    Ira (I can totally see Sheldon and Ira as brothers)***
    Jacoby
    Lazarus*/Lazar
    Noam (pronounced No-ahm)
    Phineas (Hebrew, but for some reason feels Irish to me) :-)
    Raphael
    Reuben*
    Samson
    Solomon* (has Sheldon's ending, though)
    Tobias*
    Tobiah
    Zev

More names I can see with Sheldon:

Arthur
    Bernard
    Edgar
    Franklin
    Homer
    Irving
    Julius
    Leo

I think it would be great if she went with a first name similar to Sheldon in style, and paired it with an unusual name in the middle, as she did with Sheldon.

Best wishes to your friend (and you)! :-)

Psalm 23

thank you Jill and Rollo! I was thinking both Zebulon and Zev. The only prob w Zev being that it is already short and i thought that w a brother named Sheldon but mostly uses his nn shel the second should also have a longer name w a short nn. I do really like Gideon but not sure about a nn. The first name does not HAVE to be jewish but i know thats what they like. Also thinking that the name cant be TOO masculin if you know what i mean seeing as Shel is unisex in my mind.

What do u guys think about:
    Rudolph Fox nn Rudy
    Jericho Wolf nn Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by merylp
    thank you Jill and Rollo! I was thinking both Zebulon and Zev. The only prob w Zev being that it is already short and i thought that w a brother named Sheldon but mostly uses his nn shel the second should also have a longer name w a short nn. I do really like Gideon but not sure about a nn. The first name does not HAVE to be jewish but i know thats what they like. Also thinking that the name cant be TOO masculin if you know what i mean seeing as Shel is unisex in my mind.

What do u guys think about:
    Rudolph Fox nn Rudy
    Jericho Wolf nn Jerry
    Because of Rudolph the reindeer and his Santa associtions, I can't picture a Jewish Rudolph with Sheldon.

I can better see Jericho on a Jewish baby than I can Rudolph, but I can't picture the cool Jericho with the clunkier Sheldon.

I picture names like Ira, Irving, Jerome, Leo, etc., with Sheldon's style. I think that Zebulon or Jericho (very cool) as a middle name for any of these would work really well with Sheldon Maverick.

I hope you're doing well! Have you found a new middle for Rio?

Take care!