Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How are you supposed to spell Annalise/Annelise/Anneliese??

I have been spelling it Annelise, but everytime I come on here it looks like there is a new spelling. Which way is 'correct'? I want to have the most traditional spelling of it. Nothing yoonique-ish. Thanks.

Re: How are you supposed to spell Annalise/Annelise/Anneliese??

Quote Originally Posted by dotsmom
    I have been spelling it Annelise, but everytime I come on here it looks like there is a new spelling. Which way is 'correct'? I want to have the most traditional spelling of it. Nothing yoonique-ish. Thanks.
    My daughter is "Annelise." I have the same problem. At the time, it seemed the most normal to me. I saw it as combining Anne and Elise together, so it made the most sense.

I'd also think Annelise is the most normal spelling. Another question (and this might sound silly): How do you pronounce the name?

The original spelling is Anneliese, and Annelise is the Danish variant. Both are perfectly legitimate, though I prefer Anneliese. It's pronounced Anna-LEES, btw.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I've always spelled the name Anneliese, probably because it's the first spelling with which I became familiar, due to studying Anne Frank, who was born Anneliese Marie Frank. From what I researched, Anneliese is the German and Dutch spelling of the name.

Annelise is Danish, and I couldn't find Annalise on the other site I looked at (and that site deals with etymology and name history). From what I read, Annalise seems to be an "Americanized" verson of Anneliese.

I knew one Anneliese growing up, and I believe she used this spelling, too.

Good luck! :-)