Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Out of curiousity what do you think of Callum

I am not expecting right at the moment but of course I am always thinking of names! Callum has been sticking with me and the meaning "dove" would hold special meaning to me for personal reasons.

It's different than what I am usually drawn to (classic vintagey). Do you think it could becom trendy and dated? Is it gonna be the next colin/connor type name?

Also, what names would you suggest for siblngs, especially boys?

Top girls names I like and would use right now are Iris, Hope and Phoebe. Do these names go with Callum? Thanks for reading all this!

Re: Out of curiousity what do you think of Callum

LOVE the name Callum! It's in my top 5 or 6 also.

I live in Scotland and Callum has been popular for some time over here. The first lot of Callums are just hitting university but there are also a number of Callums in my daughter's primary school. I would perceive it as an upper middle class name over here. I like it and would consider it for a boy if it didn't rhyme with our last name so badly!

This name does not really appeal to me. I'm not sure how to pronounce it, and while I'm sure it's a real name, it's maybe that it's more Scottish (it seems very Irish) than I typically like. I know Gaelic (I am probably using this term wrong) names really appeal to a lot of people, but this is kind of a miss with me, as are quite a few names of similar origin, just not my favorites.

It is sort of like Caleb (?). A name like Callahan would also be nice. I've heard odd things about Colin - I think that still is ok in the US, it might be tired overseas. I'm sorry, I don't know what to make of this name or the appeal, nameberry says it's a form of Colombia, which has a nice meaning, but I don't really like this form. It's not disgusting to me, it's just a little confusing, so I'm sure it would sound nice enough if chosen, and other people would like it a lot - they do around here.

Yep, definitely like it. Very nice.