Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I already named my 2 boys and which should I name for boys?

My first 2 sons, their name is Noah Andrew, 5 yrs old and Elijah Thomas, 1 yrs old. I like first and middle names by Bible. It starts with "ah" for first name at the end because I like the names that are so rare and not very common as others.

I want to know if their names sounds good since I'm deaf and I cant speak the names with my own voice, lol!

Isaiah or Josiah?
    What about middle name? Josiah David? I have no idea which name for middle name it sounds good for Isaiah?

Hope yall help me for an advice and I will appreciate it. :-)

Re: I already named my 2 boys and which should I name for boys?

Quote Originally Posted by belovedangel75
    My first 2 sons, their name is Noah Andrew, 5 yrs old and Elijah Thomas, 1 yrs old. I like first and middle names by Bible. It starts with "ah" for first name at the end because I like the names that are so rare and not very common as others.

I want to know if their names sounds good since I'm deaf and I cant speak the names with my own voice, lol!

Isaiah or Josiah?
    What about middle name? Josiah David? I have no idea which name for middle name it sounds good for Isaiah?

Hi there! I think that Noah Andrew and Elijah Thomas are very handsome, and I think they sound great when said out loud. :-)

I think that Isaiah and Josiah are very handsome, but to me, Elijah and Josiah are too similar because of their matching length (syllables), long I sounds, and ah endings. Because of this, I can personally better see Isaiah with Elijah, although I think they're very similar (almost too similar). (I know I'd personally get tongue tied saying them together, but that's just me.)

I saw that you're looking for unusual names, so I thought I'd mention that Isaiah is quite popular (# 42), as so is Josiah, at #96. You can look up a name's popularity ranking by typing it into the "check out a name" box in the left column.

Middle names for Isaiah (the flow depends on your last name), in keeping with your sons' classic middles:

Isaiah Charles
    Isaiah Joseph
    Isaiah Matthew

I also like Isaiah Jude. :-)

What about another Biblical name that doesn't have the -ah theme?

Abraham
    Asher
    Benjamin
    David
    Daniel
    Ezra
    Gideon
    Gabriel
    Isaac
    Jude
    Raphael
    Samson
    Simon

With the -ah theme, what about Micah?

Good luck!

P.S. I think more people will see this thread if you post it in the "Boys Names" section.

Best wishes to you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedangel75

Isaiah or Josiah?

Noah Andrew and Elijah Thomas are great, but I agree with the other poster that I think you can do better than Isaiah and Josiah, as both (especially Josiah) sound like Elijah.

Here are some other options, and other Apostle names for the middle name:

Jeremiah Peter
    Jonah Matthew
    Micah Philip
    Zachariah James
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I like the suggestions of Micah and Zachariah if you want to keep with the -ah ending because their sounds are distinct from Noah and Elijah. The others like Isaiah and Josiah are too similar.

I really like the name Josiah and I am partial to it because it is my brother's name. His middle name is Levi, and I just think Josiah Levi sounds really great together. I guess that would be my suggestion for you?