Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help bridging the gap

My top 2 combos for boys and girls are:

William Rhys -- pretty much set in stone
    Macsen Hayes

Rose Annabel / Adele
    Livia Carys
    (karr-iss)

I love them all, but William, Macsen, Rose and Livia seem a bit mismatched. Or am I just over analysing?

I'm not having kids yet -- just obsessing!! ;) I was wondering if you could help me with some names that you think would bridge the gap between the 4.

Thank you!! :)
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

Re: Help bridging the gap

I love them. I think they all actually fit together rather well. They are all classic sounding, yet still contemporary.
    My only issue is Mascen. I don't really care for it spelled that way, because then it kind of seems out of place with the other names. Macen or Mason would be the best way to go, I wouldn't mix together the two.

I also think you chose wonderful middle names.
    Also, I don't think sibsets need to be really matchy, they just need to all be names you love. When you love the names enough, they will all sound like they fit together perfectly :)

I like Rose Annabel better than Rose Adele, although both are rather pretty... Rose Annabel has more syllables and it just makes it sound really girly and pretty. Rose Adele, while it's pretty, is kind of short and harsh sounding with the D in Adele.
    So Rose Annabel gets me vote :)

Thanks for the feedback, rachelmarie! I'm glad you like them and think they fit okay.

I should have mentioned in the post (*facepalm*) that Macsen an old Welsh name pronounced like "Maxon". I love Welsh name and my granddad was Welsh so I would prefer to keep the original spelling (although I realise it will get a few misspellings sometimes).
    www.britishbabynames.com

I love them and feel that they fit together quite well. They all evoke the same feelings to me - comfy names, familiar sounds, great for adults and as kids. I particularly love Macsen. Like pp, I prefer Rose Annabel to Rose Adele. I'm not sure why, maybe just with a 1 syllable first name, it's nice to have the 3 of Annabel. But I'm sad to cross Adele off as I love it. The one of the four that I like least is Livia. It's just not distinct enough from Olivia for me. Would you consider Adele Carys?

Thanks, gwensmom. I'm so glad you like Macsen too!

Adele Carys is pretty, but I'm not keen on them both having 2 syllables -- it trips awkwardly on my tongue. I agree that Rose Annabel has the better flow :)
    I did have Annabel Carys as a top contender for a while -- but I love Carys with Livia as well!

So I could have Annabel Carys and Rose Adele (or possibly Rose Aurelia).
    www.britishbabynames.com