Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: sibling for Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by vsmom
    Love this site and wish I had your help when my darling was born 2 years ago. Long story short, I have occasional twinges of namer's remorse myself. (Though "Vanessa" does seem to suit her well.) So I want to make all the more sure to "get it right" this second time. Can you help me with finding a name to go with Vanessa's? Many thanks!
    Oh, I'm sorry! But it is a pretty name, and you can always call her Van or Nessa or something! Something to go with her name:

Adrianne
    Audrina
    Edolie
    Georgina*
    Gillian*
    Imogen
    Juliet*
    Lorena
    Marissa
    Melody
    Rosalind
    Selina
    Tiffany

Edison
    Elliott
    Garrison
    Harrison
    Nicolas
    Oliver
    Zaidin

Good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and great suggestions. Feeling better about our choice for the first one and a little less overwhelmed about naming the second one. You ladies are the best. :)

My suggestions with Vanessa - (sorry for repeats)

Girls-
    Anastasia
    Carina
    Calista
    Eliana
    Ione - eye-OH-nee
    Juliana
    Leonie
    Rhiannon
    Sidonie

Boys-
    Camden
    Donovan
    Dominic
    Ezekiel
    Gabriel
    Julian
    Oliver
    Simon

I'm sorry to hear that you are somewhat regretting your decision. I have to tell you, though, that my name is Vanessa, and LOVE it. I have only met a handful of other Vanessa's my whole life, I get complements on it on a regular basis, and my husband thinks it's a sexy name! I've never really had a nickname, though.

I will point out, too, that Vanessa is a genus of Butterfly, and butterflies have always been an inspiration for me. I have really taken to heart that they overcome a slow, earth-bound experience to metamorphose into a gorgeous creature of flight. It gives me hope in tough times.

As for siblings, I think going with a name that is equally strong, uncommon, but not strange. Ideas:

Boy:
    Nicholas
    Grant
    Alexander (really common, but shares other attributes)
    Nathaniel

Girls:
    Gretchen
    Tabitha
    I'm sorry - I'm having trouble thinking this morning. I'll repost if I come up with more! I'm thinking something timeless, classic, long and feminine.