Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lela?

Lela?

What do you all think of the name Lela? I'm very fond of Lily and Lila, but those are probably going to be really popular in a few years when I have kids, so I'd like something similar but not that popular. A very good friend of mine is named Lela, so it gets extra points. =)

Re: Lela?

How do you intend to pronounce it? Lee-la or more like Layla or anything completely different?
    I knew I girl in highschool who was often called Lela (e like the french as in "touch") and I always thought that name was beautiful. By the way: her real name was Valeria which I also think is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by annika
    How do you intend to pronounce it? Lee-la or more like Layla or anything completely different?
    I knew I girl in highschool who was often called Lela (e like the french as in "touch") and I always thought that name was beautiful. By the way: her real name was Valeria which I also think is beautiful.
    Like LEE-luh. Valeria is also beautiful, I agree.

If you want something different from the super popular Lila, Lilah, Lilly, Layla, laila. then you should choose a totally different name! If you name her Lela she will constantly have to spell out her name and correct pronunciation. What about Nina or Lilac?

I read Lela, leh-lah but thats probably because its my cousin Danielas nickname and thats the way we pronounce it.

When I think lee-lah I see the spelling Leela/Leila.

What about Nola/Lola, Lea/Laia as alternatives?