Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Sister for Clementine

I think that Matilda is beautiful and my combo is Matilda Caroline and this could easily be reversed to Caroline Matilda if when you see your baby this name seems to fit better.

All the best!
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by orangesunrise
    Right now if Baby #2 seems not to be a Matilda when she arrives, we'd be going back to our list of

Beatrix
    Eleanor
    Genevieve
    Susannah

to name her. Problem is, hubby's not completely happy with Beatrix or Eleanor, and I'm not completely happy with Genevieve or Susannah. We like them, even love them, but they don't call to us and say "I am the name for one of your babies". We're both happy with Matilda though, it's just ... what if Matilda seems wrong when it's time to actually name?

I would love some other suggestions so I don't feel so unprepared. Things with a strong d or t sound at the end (Adelaide, Millicent, etc) sound terrible with our last name, so those are all out.
    Annabel
    Augusta
    Cecily
    Elinor
    Eliza
    Georgina
    Geraldine
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Magdalen
    Marigold
    Mirabel
    Rosalind
    Rowena
    Temperance
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

From your list, I think that Susannah is my favorite with Clementine, but I love all of the names. :-)

I picture these names with Clementine:

Annabelle
    Amelia
    Eliza
    Eloise
    Felicity
    Georgia
    Louisa
    Mirabelle
    Matilda
    Penelope
    Rose
    Ruby
    Scarlett
    Vivienne/Vivien
    Willa

Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by orangesunrise
    Right now if Baby #2 seems not to be a Matilda when she arrives, we'd be going back to our list of

Beatrix
    Eleanor
    Genevieve
    Susannah

to name her. Problem is, hubby's not completely happy with Beatrix or Eleanor, and I'm not completely happy with Genevieve or Susannah. We like them, even love them, but they don't call to us and say "I am the name for one of your babies". We're both happy with Matilda though, it's just ... what if Matilda seems wrong when it's time to actually name?

I would love some other suggestions so I don't feel so unprepared. Things with a strong d or t sound at the end (Adelaide, Millicent, etc) sound terrible with our last name, so those are all out.
    I particularly like Beatrix and Susannah. Here are some ideas inspired from your list:
    Clementine AND....
    Danica
    Lucille
    Sabina
    Gabrielle
    Louisa
    Delilah
    Jocasta
    Helena
    Faustina
    Kerensa
    Marcella
    Elaine/Elena
    Lilac
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman

Everyone has suggested seemingly already so the only other one I can think of is Evangeline. Actually that's the first name I thought of when I read the title. Only now I'm not sure if someone else has suggested it...
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307