Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Names of My Children

My children were all adopted, but instead of giving them ethnic names, I gave them names that I liked and have always wanted my children to have. Being a name nerd, it was difficult to name my children because there are so many to chose from. But luckily, my husband was very indifferent about names so he agreed with whatever I came up with.
    At the time, I was interested in cute, unique names that sound like they should be very popular but really aren't.

My first daughter was named Calista Marie. I love Greek Mythology, and I knew that Callisto was the name of a very beautiful nymph. When I found out that Calista was a real name, I was over joyed. Her name means "beautiful one", and I loved that. We call her Cali at home. Her middle name was actually quite generic, at the time I wasn't interested in making a huge deal out of the middle name. Now, of course, I'd rather go with something like Calista Seraphine Rose, but Marie is simple and easy to pair up.

My first son is Gabriel Alexander. He was named after two very special people in my life, and I thought that is was a good way to honor them. Gabriel is also the name of an angel, so I thought that the meaning was good as well. Alexander was a name that I have always loved, but I thought Gabriel matched Calista quite well. We usually call him Gabe.

My second daughter's name is Gracelyn Claire. I had just found the name Gracelyn then, and I was absolutely in love with it. It was pretty, graceful, and elegant. Most of all, it was not very popular, which I was looking for at the time. It also paired up wonderfully with Calista and Gabriel, so that was also nice. Claire was also a bit generic, but it is also the name of my cousin so I wanted to honor her. Gracelyn goes by Gracie most of the time.

And...I'm in the process of adopting a new son. His name is still being considered, as I currently am at a lost on what to name him. I know it has to begin with a C, because I have one C and two Gs, so I must make it even. It also has to have the hard C sound like in Calista. It also has to have an obvious nickname, another pattern in my family. So far, I have Camden, Cameron, Collin, Connor, Christopher, and Carson. Which one should I chose? And the middle name will be either Daniel or Joseph.

Thanks,

Lucy :)

Re: The Names of My Children

Quote Originally Posted by lilacarose
    My children were all adopted, but instead of giving them ethnic names, I gave them names that I liked and have always wanted my children to have. Being a name nerd, it was difficult to name my children because there are so many to chose from. But luckily, my husband was very indifferent about names so he agreed with whatever I came up with.
    At the time, I was interested in cute, unique names that sound like they should be very popular but really aren't.

My first daughter was named Calista Marie. I love Greek Mythology, and I knew that Callisto was the name of a very beautiful nymph. When I found out that Calista was a real name, I was over joyed. Her name means "beautiful one", and I loved that. We call her Cali at home. Her middle name was actually quite generic, at the time I wasn't interested in making a huge deal out of the middle name. Now, of course, I'd rather go with something like Calista Seraphine Rose, but Marie is simple and easy to pair up.

My first son is Gabriel Alexander. He was named after two very special people in my life, and I thought that is was a good way to honor them. Gabriel is also the name of an angel, so I thought that the meaning was good as well. Alexander was a name that I have always loved, but I thought Gabriel matched Calista quite well. We usually call him Gabe.

My second daughter's name is Gracelyn Claire. I had just found the name Gracelyn then, and I was absolutely in love with it. It was pretty, graceful, and elegant. Most of all, it was not very popular, which I was looking for at the time. It also paired up wonderfully with Calista and Gabriel, so that was also nice. Claire was also a bit generic, but it is also the name of my cousin so I wanted to honor her. Gracelyn goes by Gracie most of the time.

And...I'm in the process of adopting a new son. His name is still being considered, as I currently am at a lost on what to name him. I know it has to begin with a C, because I have one C and two Gs, so I must make it even. It also has to have the hard C sound like in Calista. It also has to have an obvious nickname, another pattern in my family. So far, I have Camden, Cameron, Collin, Connor, Christopher, and Carson. Which one should I chose? And the middle name will be either Daniel or Joseph.

Thanks,

Lucy :)
    Hi, Lucy! I agree that you should use a C name, but I think you should further limit it to a C name with two-syllables. You have two children with three-syllable names (Calista and Gabriel) and just one with a two-syllable name (Gracelyn).

Here are some other suggestions!
    Carlow Daniel nn Carl
    Casper Joseph nn Cas
    Chadwick Daniel nn Chad
    Clayton Joseph nn Clay
    Cohen Daniel nn Coe
    Curtis Daniel nn Curt
    Cyrus Daniel nn Cy or Rus

Good luck, Lucy!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I love all of their names!

For your new addition... I LOVE the name Camden. Camden Joseph would be perfect. You could call him Cam or CJ .. CJ is really cute. Good luck!

[quote="lilacarose"]My children were all adopted, but instead of giving them ethnic names, I gave them names that I liked and have always wanted my children to have. Being a name nerd, it was difficult to name my children because there are so many to chose from. But luckily, my husband was very indifferent about names so he agreed with whatever I came up with.

Thanks

I absolutely LOVE Camden- I love the nn Cam. Another one to consider- Conrad.

Cameron is my pick for first and definately DANIEL for second name (only because that's my son's name :))