Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Riley Martha

Re: Riley Martha

I too like the pairing of Martha with Riley--sort of unexpected and makes Martha a little fresher. Is Martha a family name or meant to honor someone? Although I do not usually prefer unisex names, I like the spunkiness of Riley and I can definitely see an adorable little pig-tailed girl answering to it!

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom
    I too like the pairing of Martha with Riley--sort of unexpected and makes Martha a little fresher. Is Martha a family name or meant to honor someone? Although I do not usually prefer unisex names, I like the spunkiness of Riley and I can definitely see an adorable little pig-tailed girl answering to it!
    Nope, I just loved the name Martha and I agree that Riley is very masculine (although i love it) and so I thried to pick a more feminine MN.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom
    Nope, I just loved the name Martha and I agree that Riley is very masculine (although i love it) and so I thried to pick a more feminine MN.

Riley is not my style, but as unisex names go I rather like it, and I think it will age well, whilst still being cute now.

I absolutely adore Martha, and agree with Jill that Riley Martha is the perfect combination of modern and spunky, with vintage and soft.

You have my belated congratulations!

I do actually like Riley for a girl... but I think it needs to be paired with something a little more down that genre. Riley speaks young & spunky while Martha seems more reserved & homely. But I could quite easily adapt!!