Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The twins' names are going to be irish..

my husband was sooooo excited to learn that i'm finally coming around on the irish thing. the more i think about it, the more i love the idea of irish names for our daughters..
    so we've decided to scratch our other ideas and just work on the irish name combo..
    the original combo was Caoimhe Cailin & Keeley Ryann
    which i was ok with.. but i wasn't hugely excited about it..
    Cailin and Keeley can go, but we HAVE to use Caoimhe for one twin as that name is VERY special to DH. we would like to use Ryann for the other twin, maybe as a mn, but DH isn't as attatched to it.. we both like Ryann, but are staying open minded in case something comes along that we like better.
    i checked the popular names in ireland.. so based on all my research, these are some other irish names that we've come up with::
    Cadhla - dh likes.. i LOVE!!
    Niamh - like, but according to my research, is pretty popular in ireland
    Saorla - LOVE!
    Liadan - LOVE LOVE & dh likes
    Eimear - dh loves
    Aoife - we both adore the name, but it's far too popular!
    Dierdre - another family name dh likes, but i'm not feeling it
    Roisin - i like, he does not
    Darcy - we're both on the fence about this one
    Aibhlinn or Eihhleann - we both adore this one but can't agree which version to use
    Grainne - dh's mother LOVES!!
    Keela or Keeley - dh thinks it's cute
    Iona - i love this one!!
    Saoirse - we both like this one, but again, fairly popular.

Re: The twins' names are going to be irish..

Hi, I'm not a huge fan of Irish names but I'll try my best with some suggestions, since most of my family have Irish names. :)
    Cadhla - Not a fan of
    Niamh - Really like this one its my cousins name so I'm biased, very popular in Ireland but a lovely name:)
    Saorla - Dislike
    Liadan - Not really
    Eimear - Ok name
    Aoife - Love it but I'm biased again
    Dierdre - I'm not feeling it either, not my cup of tea
    Roisin - Nah
    Darcy - Realy like this name so adorable
    Aibhlinn or Eihhleann - dont like
    Grainne - dh's mother LOVES!!
    Keela or Keeley - Keeley is cute
    Iona - How about the name na or Oonagh?
    Saoirse - Sorcha?

Heres few suggestions
    Aisling
    Ailbhe
    Aideen
    Aoibheann
    Aven
    Bridget
    Caitlin
    Cassidy (would go great with name Darcy)
    Ciara
    Clona
    Clodagh
    Delma
    Doreen
    Eadaoin
    Eavan
    Eilish
    Enya
    Finola (nn nola or finn)
    Keagan
    Kealin
    Keira
    Kelan
    Kerry
    Maeve
    Maire
    Mairead
    Noreen
    Nuala
    Oona
    Orla/Orlaith
    Quinn
    Reagan
    Riley
    Riona
    Rory
    Rosaleen
    Sinead
    Siobhan
    Siofra
    Tara
    Teagan
    Tierney
    Una

A friend recently called her baby Riona (REE o na) and coincidentally her sis is Caoimhe which has become quite popular here in Ireland over the last year(it means gentle natured)some people pronounce it KEE-va or QWEE -va depending on your preference.I like both names and think they are a good sibset.Also Riona as you probably know means queenlike which is lovely too.Good luck.
    another unusual name is Realtin pro. rail-teen and means literally little star.

I'm amazed - so many of the names you listed were also on our long-list for our wee-un due in November (and, incidentally, my top 2 are both represented between your list and the 2nd poster's). So I can heartily endorse just about any of them, given that they are so close to my own preferences :)

I'd say play around with the combinations awhile, and see what catches you in the heart. Your hubby has a name represented that is emotionally significant to him, so perhaps the 2nd should be one that you fall in love with. Each of the ones on your list would make a gorgeous set with Caoimhe.

I also like the previous poster's suggestions of Riona (Rionach) or Realtin (sorry, I am hopeless at fadas) or Realta. WOrd names are edgy everywhere else, so I can see the idea catching on in Ireland as well.

Other thoughts, though you've got most of the great ones already, for more obscure names:

Geleis (Gell-aysh) - means "bright swan"
    Neamh (Nayv) - "heaven" (kind of an Irish Nevaeh, but plays on the familiarity of Niamh as well).
    Siochaina (another route to the meaning "peace") - I realize this is technically plural, as well as being most associated with the Gardai, but a little creative license gives it a soft, feminine sound.

Best of luck - and do please keep us posted on the final decision. I'm eager to see if we are on the same page in the end! When are you due?

due on january 17th.
    i'm good at finding names i like, but i'm having an aweful time putting them together as fn and mn. i didn't want to use popular names, but Caoimhe is so special to dh.. i don't want rhyming names.. i'd like them to go well together but not be overly matchy. if the first name is going to be difficult, i'd like the middle name to be fairly simple while maintaining the irish theme..
    i like Darcy or Ciara as mns and i've already stated that i'd like to use Ryann..
    would Caoimhe Darcy work? kind of cute, right?
    somebody help me out with some combos here!!!