Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Josephine Help

Re: Josephine Help

Quote Originally Posted by susan
    I agree but then my 8-week old twins are called Tobias & Josephine (known as Toby and Posy).

My Josephine is Josephine Mabel Joy, so Josephine Mabel is my suggestion.

Another brother for Josephine:
    Archer or Archibald nn Archie
    I second Jill's ideas of
    Edward
    Peter (my fave boy's name)
    William

And what about Philip? (possibly my second fave boy's name)
    Harrison nn Harry
    Russell

Thanks everyone! I love all your ideas, and I'm so glad that I've gotten some responses. My family doesn't like any of the names I like for future children (they think they're too "old, ugly, and gross"). So, it has been really nice coming on here and reading everyone's suggestions!

elsabea:

I love your children's names! Josephine Mabel Joy is lovely, and Tobias is perfect with it. I think someone, maybe Susan, mentioned Tobias as a brother for Josephine, and while I do love it, my family are big fans of "Arrested Development," and they would probably just associate the name with the character on the show (not that that's a bad thing, but I wouldn't want to live with everyone constantly asking me why I named a baby after Tobias Funke!).

irisrose and shaymin:

I love the suggestions of Josephine Sylvie and Josephine Bryony. Bryony and Sylvie are such lovely names. I also really like the name Sylvia, and love the works of Sylvia Plath (even though she was troubled, I think her poetry is magnificent).

Susan and Jill:

I really love the names Nathaniel, Archer, Peter, Elias, Henry, and Milo (especially with Josephine). I like the name Philip a lot also, but there is a boy with that name at our church that we see often, so I couldn't do that. I also love the name Oliver (it is one of my favorite names of all time), but I don't think I could ever use it because of Oliver Cromwell. I think my family would never speak to me again!

Thanks again for all the wonderful suggestions. If anyone has anymore, I would love to read them!

I'm glad you liked some of the boys' names, and I hope you feel better about using Josephine now! :-)

Good luck!