Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anneliese

Anneliese

Going by family name tradition, I would name my daughter Anneliese Lee, Anneliese pronounced like Ah-na-lee-za.
    I really like this name and would like to honor the namesake, but it definately doesn't work with Lee and I want to use that name too.
    My mother Suggested useing a middle name like Emily but spelling it as two names like Emma Lee or Cora Lee. What do you think of this? Also, do you think I should change the spelling to Anneliesa or even Annalisa? It would certainly cut down on mispronunciation, but I think it sort of loses it's charm. So... any oppinions? Please and thank you?

Re: Anneliese

I thought Anneliese was pronouced ANN-ah-leeze. Hopefully Dearest from Norway can tell us how it's pronounced. Annalisa is pretty, too. Don't like Emma Lee and Cora Lee as much as Emily and Coralie. Love the charm of the longer names.

Quote Originally Posted by susan
    I thought Anneliese was pronouced ANN-ah-leeze. Hopefully Dearest from Norway can tell us how it's pronounced. Annalisa is pretty, too. Don't like Emma Lee and Cora Lee as much as Emily and Coralie. Love the charm of the longer names.
    Thanks! I think you can say it either way, the German way is Ah-na-lee-za, and the English way is the pronunciation you have.

I think that Anneliese is really pretty. :-) Like you said, Lee doesn't make for the best flow in the middle. With Emily in the middle, were you trying to work in the "lee" sound?

You mentioned first names other than Anneliese, so you may also like:

Anna Rosalie (has the Lee sound)
    Anna Juliet (ditto)

Liesel Catherine
    Liesel Josephine

Annabel Lee (Granted, it contains back-to-back Ls, but it's from Poe) :-)
    Eleanora Lee
    Juliana Lee
    Miranda Lee

Best wishes to you! :-)

I was having a tough time coming up with combos.

I'll keep this name on my mind and see if I can come up with more later.

Anneliese Lauralee
    Anneliese Mary Lee
    Anneliese Vivienne Lee
    Anneliese Rhiannon Lee