Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Josephine Help

Re: Josephine Help

I love this name! Josephine is at the top of our list for our baby due in November. I think it is a pretty big name that goes well with a shorter (or one syllable) middle name. If your last name is long you may want to consider a short mn.
    My only problem with the name is that it will inevitably be shortened to a nn. I think I prefer posy to josie. What do you think?

Thank you for all your suggestions. I really love most of these combos, especially:

Josephine Maeve - My family is Irish, and my grandfather was extremely proud of his Irish heritage, so I think Maeve would be my top choice so far, but I also like:

Josephine Belle
    Josephine Cordelia
    Josephine Iris
    Josephine Alice
    Josephine Violet
    Josephine Ivy
    Josephine Pearl
    Josephine Lily

I love the nickname Posy for Josephine. That's one of the reasons that I love this name. I also like that there is the nickname Jo if she didn't want something frilly. I'm not a big fan of Josie either.

My concern with Josephine is that I wouldn't know what to name any brothers or sisters. Alice and Violet are two of my favorite names. Do you think they would go nicely with Josephine? What about boys with Josephine?

Thanks for your continued help!

Josephine is very pretty! I love every single one of the middle names you've narrowed it down to, especially Maeve, Iris, Ivy, Lily, Violet and Pearl. Posy is very cute as a nickname. I think Violet and Alice would be lovely sisters to Josephine, Alice in particular. You can't go wrong with any of these!

More suggestions, just in case...

Josephine Alexandra
    Josephine Sylvie
    Josephine Rosemary
    Josephine Julia
    Josephine Margaret
    Josephine Talia
    Josephine Lucy
    Josephine Sarah
    Josephine Mira
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

[quote="mnlove17"]Thank you for all your suggestions. I really love most of these combos, especially:

Josephine Maeve - My family is Irish, and my grandfather was extremely proud of his Irish heritage, so I think Maeve would be my top choice so far, but I also like:

Josephine Belle
    Josephine Cordelia
    Josephine Iris
    Josephine Alice
    Josephine Violet
    Josephine Ivy
    Josephine Pearl
    Josephine Lily

I love the nickname Posy for Josephine. That's one of the reasons that I love this name. I also like that there is the nickname Jo if she didn't want something frilly. I'm not a big fan of Josie either.

My concern with Josephine is that I wouldn't know what to name any brothers or sisters. Alice and Violet are two of my favorite names. Do you think they would go nicely with Josephine? What about boys with Josephine?

Alice and Violet go beautifully with Josephine. I also love Regina with Josephine.

Brothers for Josephine:

Alfred
    Barnaby
    Clayton
    Charles
    Chester
    Frank
    Harvey
    Hugo
    Louis
    Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Tobias nn Toby
    Truman
    Victor

I'm glad you found some middle names to consider! :-)

I definitely think that Alice and Violet would make perfect sisters with a Josephine. :-) Definitely! :-)

Josephine and:

Charles
    Edward
    Elias
    George
    Henry
    Miles
    Milo
    Oliver
    Peter
    Sebastian
    Simon