Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: finally paired up our twin names..

Quote Originally Posted by punkprincessphd
    FYI, while Cadhla has a feminine sound to the American ear (as "Ky-la" or "Kay-la"), ir is traditionally male - almost unheard of as a female name in Ireland. Doesn't necessarily rule it out IMO, but just so you're aware.
    Oops *smacks forehead* That was me. I'm clearly need sleep! LOL
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

Quote Originally Posted by elea
    Quote Originally Posted by punkprincessphd
    FYI, while Cadhla has a feminine sound to the American ear (as "Ky-la" or "Kay-la"), ir is traditionally male - almost unheard of as a female name in Ireland. Doesn't necessarily rule it out IMO, but just so you're aware.
    Oops *smacks forehead* That was me. I'm clearly need sleep! LOL
    i kind of like it for a girl..
    in the event that we do move to ireland in a few years, would the other children make fun of my daughter for having a "boy's name"?
    i mean if it can work both ways, even if it's not overly popular, i'd go for it.. just so long it's not the equivalent of naming my daughter James or Bruce or something?

I don't mean that it's completely "out there", just that it's traditionally on the male side. I think re: current trends in Ireland it would seem a bit edgy, but no more so than parents using a "boyish" name for their daughter here in NA - more like Elliott or Emerson than Bruce, I think ;p

My thought is always, if you love it, screw convention :)