Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: finally paired up our twin names..

this idea is beginning to REALLY appeal to me.. if we're going to do the irish names, i don't want them to be americanized at all. i'd like for them to be distinct..
    i'm not overly concerned about people not being able to spell or pn the names.. i know that sounds bad, but i grew up with an unusual name and it hasn't affected my life that much and now i thank my mother for her creativity as no one i know has the same name as me (Calisse is a nn short for Calissandrina).
    as for using Cailin as a mn, this was dh's idea.. he likes it, but the name isn't particularly important to either of us.. we would like to keep Ryann as a mn for one of our daughters as it's another family name and we've both agreed that we'd like to use those family names..
    There are three suggestions that were made previously that really jumped out at me, i'm going to suggest them to dh tonight::
    Caoimhe and::
    Naimh
    Aoife
    Eimear

but i'm still open to suggestions. also need to work on the mns, i suppose.. we HAVE to use Ryann with one of them.. but we can change the other if it would work better..
    thanks again for all your help.. i think we might actually go with this idea which will make dh a VERY happy man!!

I think Caoimhe sounds lovely with any of the 3 you've listed: Niamh, Aoife, or Eimear. Each pairing repeats the long "ee" sound but isn't overly matchy, and your girls would have distinct initials as well.

Thoughts on a middle name along with Ryann - would you prefer to continue the Irish theme with daughter #2's middle name? In this case, maybe something that is slightly unisex as with Ryann, perhaps a variation of a surname from your family tree to balance hubby's heritage?

FWIW, I'm expecting a daughter in 6 weeks and we've decided on a traditional Irish name as well (ungainly spelling and all!), since my phd is in Irish history. But we've chosen a non-Irish name for the middle (Verity) to offer some diversity and to allow my DH to use something meaningful to him.

I hope that helps - as hard as the process is with one, it must be twice as difficult to name 2 babies at once!

Quote Originally Posted by punkprincessphd
    I think Caoimhe sounds lovely with any of the 3 you've listed: Niamh, Aoife, or Eimear. Each pairing repeats the long "ee" sound but isn't overly matchy, and your girls would have distinct initials as well.

Thoughts on a middle name along with Ryann - would you prefer to continue the Irish theme with daughter #2's middle name? In this case, maybe something that is slightly unisex as with Ryann, perhaps a variation of a surname from your family tree to balance hubby's heritage?

FWIW, I'm expecting a daughter in 6 weeks and we've decided on a traditional Irish name as well (ungainly spelling and all!), since my phd is in Irish history. But we've chosen a non-Irish name for the middle (Verity) to offer some diversity and to allow my DH to use something meaningful to him.

I hope that helps - as hard as the process is with one, it must be twice as difficult to name 2 babies at once!
    it's just about impossible!!! i love so many names!! dh is stuck on the ones he likes, but every time i hear something pretty or unique, my mind is changed..
    i also decided i like a pp's suggestion of Grainne.. i think i spelled that right.
    as for the middle names, if we're going to go irish, we're going to go irish all the way.
    i love irish history, and dh is irish.. and there's a strong possibility we'll be moving to ireland sometime in the next few years as dh misses home.. so i want to make sure my girls' names aren't going to be overly trendy there either.. lol.. i know nothing of naming trends in ireland.. maybe i should look that up..

Rowena Skye & Viola Belle are the best! I think they're so pretty individually and together its a great set. I also like Odessa Marie, and I think it fits with either of those names, but not quite as well. Good luck!

Tesla is also a maker of very high end electric cars.