Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: WDYTO the name Beatrice?

Quote Originally Posted by disa_lan
    I can so relate with the one little letter changing a whole name. I like the Beatrix spelling the best because it gives the name spunk but retains it's vintage femininity.
    disa thanks for the vote for Beatrix.Its such a beautiful,confident kind of name isn't it.It's definitely in my top three I think.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehotsox
    I too love the Beatrix spelling but I think Beatrice goes better with Sarah and sounds gorgeous:) Beatrice was the name of woman Dante loved in the Divine Comedy so it's also a literary name and has the super cute nickname of Bee or Bea so I think it's a winner:)
    Good Luck!
    Thats a fact I would never have known re Beatrice spelling,thanks charliehotsox.I do think it suits Sarah as a sibling ,but if you heard some of my other childrens mix of names you would find Beatrice and Beatrix equally acceptable as a sister.I'd rather not tell you their names but theyare English,Irish, and 2 biblical names, Sarah being by far the most popular of them(called after my granny).

Elea,I think your description of Beatrice as the elegant,ladylike sister and Beatrix the fiesty ,stylish one is so apt.The question is which do I go for.The sensible part of mee says Beatrice but a slightly greater part says don't play it safe and be more adventurous.Anyway I really loved from your list; Beatrice Primrose (very unusual)
    Beatrice Lily (beautiful and lilting)
    also Beatrix Lila Beatrice Esme (strong and happy)
    Beatrix Emilia
    Beatrix Charis
    and Beatrix Lucinda are all gorgeous names,thanks for your help.

Beatrix Lucinda