Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: WDYTO the name Beatrice?

I like Beatrice and think it goes nicely with Sarah.

Beatrice or Beatrix is a great name and yes it goes well with Sarah. I LOVE the nn Bea or Bee but as pointed out by Jill, Bea Deane isn't really the best match. I don't even know if you were considering the nn Bea/Bee or not.

Hi Deirdre,
    Yes you are right Hannah,Alice and Leah are all really good names and I am considering them all.With Hannah I'm not sure if people would hear anadin like the painkiller.I loved Anna but couldn't use it for that reason.There are a lot of Leahs WhereI live but it's still a very pretty name.So back to Beatrice and Alice-maybe it's the ice ending I like ,I've only just noticed that! It is appealing having a name with a nice nn. but I would view it as a nice extra rather than a necessity,after all I love the name Sarah Lydia and thats never abbreviated.Maybe I've Happened on something here,so anyone know some names with -ice endings or an approximation to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jacjac
    one of my favourite names, go for it !
    thanks to all for your positive replies over Beatrice/Beatrix .Which would be the best with Deane do you all think? Jac Jac -I'm thrilled to hear it' your favouite name ,have you any good middle name suggestions to suit my surname-that's one or preferably two middle names.Thanks again everyone for helping.

-ice ending's. Actually some of the following aren't really pronounced like Beatrice it has more of an -iss sound than and -ees sound. Unless I'm wrong.

Clarice nn Claire If you like.
    Anise - I've heard this as ah-nees and ann-is.
    Cherice
    Denice
    Felice
    Janice/Janis - more like Beatrice
    Janiece/I've seen many variations of it's spelling - the ees ending.
    Caprice
    Felice
    Alanis -iss
    Alice - iss
    Alexis
    Chloris/Cloris
    Delores
    Ellis
    Frances - this would be really pretty Frances Deane
    Hollis
    Iris
    Maris
    Lauris/Loris - A first for me and I think I really like it. It's a variation of Laura. I didn't make up.
    Charlise
    Elise
    Heloise
    Eloise
    Louise
    Phyllis