Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Twilight association?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inevitable (don't go there)!

8 40.00%
  • Doubtful/not necessarily (go for it)!

12 60.00%
  • Welcome your thoughts!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? about Twilight movie association...

I have a six-year-old named Bella (other kids are Juliette, Mia and Leo). I love the name and meaning of the name Esme. Bella and Esme are both character names in the Twilight book series and movies. Do you think people will think we are Twilight fanatics if we named another daughter Esme? I have nothing against the series but I don't want people to think immediately of the movie or that we are Twilight obsessed (we're not...not that there is anything wrong with that ;)
    Thanks for your opinion!

Re: ? about Twilight movie association...

I said go for it. I bet in the next year or in a few years there will be another movie that will influence baby namers/future baby namers.

I think it's fine, since there're three kids in between-- Bella, Juliet, Mia, Leo, and Esme (lovely names, by the way) don't remind me of Twilight at all, as opposed to two sisters named Bella and Esme.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Now that I think about it, with a Juliette and a Mia in the mix (I think those are your other daughters' names), I think they cancel out the Twilight theme. If you only had a Bella and were adding Esme to the mix that would be one thing, but I think there's enough non-Twilight (your son's name, included) to balance everything out.

I think Esme is beautiful!

Good luck! :-)

Edit: Oops! I didn't read IrisRose's post before I wrote mine. :-) I'm sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by irisrose
    I think it's fine, since there're three kids in between-- Bella, Juliet, Mia, Leo, and Esme (lovely names, by the way) don't remind me of Twilight at all, as opposed to two sisters named Bella and Esme.
    I agree, plus I have never watched Twilight.