Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arthur nn ....

Re: Arthur nn ....

Thanks Jill. It was just a thought. I have seen a couple threads on Archie looking for an alternative full name. We are doing pretty well! I hope fall is treating you well :). Happy Monday!

I think it's a stretch. If you don't like Archer but you like Archie, I don't see like Arthur better, and then not going with the obvious Artie. I knew an Arthur (Jr.) once who went by Thor.

I'm not really opposed to having a little fun, but calling Arthur 'Archie' is like calling Mason 'Jay.' Just call him Jason if you're going to do that. It's not really like calling Edward 'Ted' because Edward isn't almost the same name as Theodore. It's also weird to call Edward 'Ted' intentionally, not the usual pattern, but I can see people liking 'Ted' and not liking Theodore, they're not looking for a name that rhymes with it.

Honestly, I think you can use whatever nickname you want! If you like the nickname Archie, who can/should stop you?

Although, Artie is really cute as well, and almost the same name.

I agree that Artie is adorable and IMO better suits a child a man.

No, it's not a nick name for Arthur. If you call him Archie people will think his name is Archibald or Archer. Art or Artie are nicknames for Arthur.