Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alex(e)i??

Alex(e)i??

Hi ladies! I'm a long time reader, first time poster, and I was wondering if you could help me with my recent name obsession: Alex(e)i.

I found this name while trolling through the "cool baby names" book and I really really like it, but I'm not sure how to spell it. Alexei feels incredibly Russian, but still feels like a complete name -- unlike Alexi, which kind of resembles a typo to me. I'm a big Alexi Murdoch fan, I know it can be easily used as a first name, it just doesn't feel like one to me. (I'm not the biggest Alexander fan, so I wouldn't want to use that with Alexi as a nn)

Also: I'm having a hard time coming up with names that go well with it. I was thinking Anya (maybe Zara??), but then I realized that they were both Russian >.> That's not too big a deal, but I'm not Russian and have a very 90s name... just not sure it would work.

So I guess what I'm asking is: Alexei or Alexi, and any good names to go with it?

Thank you!! :)

Note: I'm not actually pregnant, I just like coming up with names, as I'm sure you all do too :D
    Catherine
    mom to Stephanie Elizabeth & a lifelong name nerd

Re: Alex(e)i??

Alexei is the way to spell it and it is a lovely Russian boy's name and in Russia the nn is Losha, not fond of that but love Alex.

Anya is a beautiful name also as is Anastasia.

Good luck gorgeous names
    Psalm 23

Another vote for Alexei. (I think that Alexi looks a bit like a typo of Alexis.) :-) I looked it up on Nameberry, and Alexei is actually the authentic spelling.

Some exotic (or at least slightly exotic) names that I can see paired with Alexei:

Augustin
    Cassius
    Darius
    Dashiell
    Gideon
    Hugo
    Julius
    Leo/Leonardo
    Magnus
    Mattias
    Phineas
    Piers
    Roman
    Raphael (nn Rafe)
    Sebastian
    Victor
    Vincent
    Willem
    Xavier

Arabella
    Calandra
    Clarissa
    Cleo
    Dahlia
    Daphne
    Fransesca
    Georgiana
    Helena
    Juliana
    Liliana
    Mariana
    Odessa
    Rosalba
    Seraphina
    Tamsin
    Viviana
    Veronica
    Wilhelmina/Willa

Best wishes to you! :-)

Well, I have an Alexei...and his twin brother Nikolai (went Russian with the first names). Here's to hoping neither names get too popular! Niko and Xeke are their nicknames at least until they're old enough to want otherwise.

Alexi looks, to me, like a typo...to Alexei or Alexis...You could go with the traditional, but (going on memory) Polish Aleksei if you prefer.

The names go with daughter, Remy, and people here say she's an odd duck out. So whatever that means :P She's the only girl too, so she sort of is :P

I like Alexei spelled this way too.

liveaparis- Xeke is a great name/nn. I've seen it only once and assumed it was pronounced like Zeke. Can you tell me how you pronounce your Xeke? I love the name Ezekiel nn Zeke so Xeke has great appeal to me and visually I just love the way it looks.