Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: so many gorgeous names.. so few babies..

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre
    Quote Originally Posted by calisse
    expecting twin girls is a bit overwhelming..
    naming them is just about impossible..
    i want their names to fit well together.. but not rhyme. rhyming names for twins drives me insand.. my pop and his twin sister are Terry and Sherry, i went to school with a Mandy and Brandy.. it's just silly.. they aren't characters in a Dr. Seuss book..
    because they're twins they're going to get matching everything.. their names should be unique..
    here are some of the names i've decided that i absolutely love..
    not sure how to pair them up for my little girls though..
    also, i'm still open to suggestions.. so if you have a great idea.. throw it out there..

Rowena Skye
    Viola Belle
    Cassandra Grace
    Emily Elaine
    Crista Kate
    Serenity Skye *loving this one, but too "out there"??*
    Katia Leigh

thoughts? opinions?
    Hi, I totally agree that twins should get distinctive names. You have a list of beautiful names, but most of them end in -a. I think it would be nice if the names not only did NOT rhyme, but also were distinctive enough to have distinctive endings.

My favorites on your list are:
    Rowena Skye
    Viola Belle

Emily Elaine is also gorgeous, but Emily is so popular. I don't know that I would give one twin a very popular name, and the other a very unusual one. But leaving aside the issue of popularity, I think either Rowena Skye or Viola Belle would pair well with Emily Elaine.

I also agree that Serenity Skye sounds a bit out there. If you use Serenity, I would definitely pair it with something more conventional. Serenity Kate?

Personally, I am not that fond of the name Crista. Reminds me of Crystal, which feels overused.

Best of luck.
    the fact that Crista sounds like Cristal was intentional..
    i agree that Cristal is very overused, but i want to honor a family member with each name.. Cristal is my sister..
    i love family names.. each of the names i chose honors someone in my family.. which may be what's making it so hard to choose...
    also.. i had considered that most of the names i like ended in -a..
    i guess i just like that sound.. it's really feminine to me.. and i want my girls to have ultra-feminine names..

i agree that Cristal is very overused, but i want to honor a family member with each name.. Cristal is my sister..
    i love family names.. each of the names i chose honors someone in my family.. which may be what's making it so hard to choose...
    Oh, yes, that would make it hard to choose! Have you considered using family surnames as middle names? With a surname, you could honor a branch of the family, without limiting it to one person.

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre
    Oh, yes, that would make it hard to choose! Have you considered using family surnames as middle names? With a surname, you could honor a branch of the family, without limiting it to one person.
    the family surnames are Duke and Moore on my side and Wippler and Cooper on his side.. all four of which i dislike as middle names.. because i want them to be feminine.. and those names just.. aren't..
    i could reach back a couple of generations and use Great Great Grandma Viola's surname Hadley.. which is a kind of cute girly name.. but i don't really like it all that much..

expecting twin girls is a bit overwhelming..
    naming them is just about impossible..
    i want their names to fit well together.. but not rhyme. rhyming names for twins drives me insane.. my pop and his twin sister are Terry and Sherry, i went to school with a Mandy and Brandy.. it's just silly.. they aren't characters in a Dr. Seuss book..
    because they're twins they're going to get matching everything.. their names should be unique..
    here are some of the names i've decided that i absolutely love..
    not sure how to pair them up for my little girls though..
    also, i'm still open to suggestions.. so if you have a great idea.. throw it out there..

Rowena Skye
    Viola Belle
    Cassandra Grace
    Emily Elaine
    Crista Kate
    Serenity Skye *loving this one, but too "out there"??*
    Katia Leigh

Okay, this is what I do when I can't make up my mind. I take the first two names on the list. I see they are Rowena and Viola. I say to myself, do I love Rowena more or Viola? In my case, I love Rowena more. So then I look at the next name on the list. I see Cassandra. I say to myself, do I love Rowena more or Cassandra. Easy, I love Rowena the most. And so on down the list. But you get to think of two names. So do it twice. And I have to go, but later I'll come back and think of a list of more names.

omg.. dh just thought of another one that i love..
    Contessa Marie!!!
    or Odessa Marie..
    has to be one or the other.. can't be both because i WILL NOT do rhyming names!!
    but WOW i love them both!!