Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Josephine or Ruby?

My first choice (Sabine) got vetoed by my DH. So we are down to Josephine Kaye or
    Ruby Anne. Colette is a a third choice. I love Josephine but feel like she will always be called by a nickname. However, Ruby is getting very popular in the US and is top 5 in the UK. I tend to like more underused names and try to avoid the top 10 lists.
    What do you think?

Re: Josephine or Ruby?

Quote Originally Posted by emmy75
    My first choice (Sabine) got vetoed by my DH. So we are down to Josephine Kaye or
    Ruby Anne. Colette is a a third choice. I love Josephine but feel like she will always be called by a nickname. However, Ruby is getting very popular in the US and is top 5 in the UK. I tend to like more underused names and try to avoid the top 10 lists.
    What do you think?
    My fave is Josephine nn Josie.
    Ruby is really cute!
    Love Colette nn Coco. You could call her both names.

Hi!

I really love both names, but if you don't want Josephine's name shortened to Josie (or something else), I think I'd go with Ruby. I really love Josephine, though!

Ah! I forgot about Colette! I love that name (Cosette, too), and if you're looking for underused names, I think it's a great option! (I love each of your options...) :-)

Have you thought about:

Ruby Josephine
    Josephine Colette
    Josephine Ruby

Colette Evangeline
    Colette Josephine (I think some of the others flow better...)
    Colette Mireille
    Colette Marielle
    Colette Rosalie

Some more names you may like:

Annabelle/Annabel
    Beatrix/Beatrice
    Cordelia/Cora
    Camille
    Celia
    Cosette
    Daphne
    Delphine
    Felicity
    Genevieve (nn Evie)
    Helena
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Mirabelle
    Opal
    Penelope (nn Nell or Poppy)
    Pearl (like Opal, it's less popular than Ruby)
    Phoebe (similar in sound to Ruby)
    Rose (as a first name)
    Susannah
    Willa

I think I'll pick the best of both worlds, and go with either Ruby Josephine or Josephine Ruby. :-)

I really love your list, and honestly don't think you can go wrong! :-)

Good luck!

Torture!!! I LOVE both. Ruby is at the top of my list and if my last name wasn't so long and my other daughters names so short Josephine would be up there too.

I prefer Ruby or Josephine over Colette but I still think it's a great name.

This might be a long gone idea but instead of Sabine what about Sabrina? I love it but have mixed emotions.

I don't think I can give better suggestions then what's already been presented. Ruby Lane is our first choice for a combo with Ruby.

I'll have to echo Jill's suggestion of Ruby Josephine or Josephine Ruby.

Well I'm biased as my 7-week old daughter is called Josephine 'Posy'.

With regard to the nickname thing, I think if you insist on the full name being used, then people should respect that.

However, don't think Ruby won't be nicknamed, I know someone called Ruby who gets called 'Roo'!