Names Searched Right Now:

What do you think of the name Elthea?

This name has recently started to grow on me, and I'd like to know what others think. The nickname would be Ellie.

I also have just a few questions...
    Is Ellison or Elthea a better girl's name? I adore the nickname Ellie, but I try to stay away from girl's names in the top 1000.
    Do you like the combo Elthea Nicolette or Elthea Hazel June? Would it be weird if her sister would have two middle names (Audra Scarlett Claire is my other favorite) and her to only have one? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much :)

Re: What do you think of the name Elthea?

I like Elthea. It's proper and elegant, and Ellie is adorable. Elthea is much less trendy-sounding than Ellison, in my opinion, and I like it better. It would be a little weird if her sister had two middle names and she only had one. Have you considered Althea? The "A" beginning instead of "E" makes it sound more modern to me.

We considered Elthea as a way to get Thea, but decided against it because, although it is a traditional variant, we didn't want people to think we had just creavitely spelled Althea. I do like it, though, and Ellie/Elle are great nns. Also considered Elethea/Alethea.

Ellison is nms, but is cute and trendy if you decide to go that way.

What about
    Elora
    Eleanor
    Ellory
    Elizabeth?

I'd prefer Althea, but Elthea is nice too. It's way better than Ellison, which is a surname.

Other ways to get Ellie:

Elizabeth
    Eleanor
    Eloise
    Eleonora
    Elvira
    Eliora
    Eliana
    Elodie
    Elita

You could also get to Ellie with a name that ends in -elle:

Isabelle
    Annabelle
    Marielle
    Arielle
    Mirabelle
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander