Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trying to decide, but still have not found "The Name"

Before I knew if the baby was a boy or a girl I started looking for names. I had a huge list of girls names many that I loved, and a very short list of boys names. With girls I love odd names, ones that hardly anyone else has, (my first name is Loxie Anne and I always get comments on it, I love that it is so different and wanted the same for a girl) but with boys I like strong traditional names. I want the child to have a name that works for a little boy but could belong to a lawer, or doctor if he so chooses. However I have a hard time finding ones I like both the long and short versions of. Example I love Edward and Edwin but not so fond of Ed and really don't like Eddie.

Since I can't find "The Name" I am having a hard time narrowing my list. We are a blended family the oldest boys have names that probably won't fit (Jade 15 and Piers 11), but it should go fairly well with the youngest who lives with us full time (Tyler James). Last name (for this one) is Senner.

My "shortened" list (hahahaha) is:
    Ryan Michael (Ryan)
    Theodore Elijah (Theo or Teddy)
    Andrew Johnathan (Drew)
    Benjamin Michael (Ben)
    Nicholas Jeremiah (Nick)
    Elijah Michael (Eli)
    Zachary Ryan (Zach)
    Alexander Elijah (Alex or Zander)
    Sabastian Alexander (can you think of any NNs for Sabastian?)

Can you let me know what you think of these names or suggest others that you think I/we may like?

Thank you so much for your help!

Loxie

Re: Trying to decide, but still have not found "The Name"

I don't have time to properly respond at the moment, but I just wanted to bring up the idea of Edward nn Ward. I love Ward!

Quote Originally Posted by magicsonata
    Last name (for this one) is Senner.

My "shortened" list (hahahaha) is:
    Ryan Michael (Ryan)
    Theodore Elijah (Theo or Teddy)
    Andrew Johnathan (Drew)
    Benjamin Michael (Ben)
    Nicholas Jeremiah (Nick)
    Elijah Michael (Eli)
    Zachary Ryan (Zach)
    Alexander Elijah (Alex or Zander)
    Sabastian Alexander (can you think of any NNs for Sabastian?)

Can you let me know what you think of these names or suggest others that you think I/we may like?

Thank you so much for your help!

Loxie
    I prefer Ryan Michael. It seems that all your other names are very long. If you want a long first name, try a 1 syllable middle name to even out the rythm. Something like Nicholas Ray Senner would be good. It flows better than Nicholas Jeremiah Senner (that is a mouthful!) Names that have good rythm and flow well sound the best.

Of the choices you listed, I like Zachary Ryan the best. I think it meets all of your criteria (good for a boy and good for a grown up professional). Zach and Tyler sound very nice together too.

I have trouble with boys' names too but I thought of Carson. I personally don't care for Theodore but I think Teddy is a nn for Edward too, if you like that combination better than Edward nn Ed/Eddie

I will have to look for some one sylable names for middle names. Thank you for that suggestion. I would never not give a middle name but I have a hard time finding a pair that I like together! That is probably because I am not looking at the basics like number of sylables!

Thank you!