Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgiana

Georgiana

What is your opinion on this name?

I really liked it and would consider using it, but have been a little bit put off as many people have already said they don't really like it, or think it sounds too "posh".

Help!

P.S. What do you think of it with the MN May?

Re: Georgiana

I like this name, but I did not know what the proper pronunciation of it was until I watched the film "The Duchess". If you are seriously considering this name, you may want to watch this film or read the book on which it is based to learn more about one of your child's 18th century namesakes. The name does sound quite royal & posh to me. But that doesn't bother me.

I also saw the film The Duchess, but I didn't care for it being pronounced Jor-gee-na. I have heard it prounounced Jor-janna.

You might want to check out the post "Help - my family hates the name I love" started by Krista, also under girls' names. Its all about Georgina and Georgia, both beautiful names in my opinion. I pronounce Georgiana it with the jee sound in the middle, but I have no idea what is really correct, or if all pronunciations go.

Gee is prounounced Jee as in Geena Davis.