Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Marc + Angela = Marcella?

Christanie, haha. That is dreadful. One of my teachers at school was called Ronlyn after (you guessed it) Ron and Lynn.

Lucky not everyone does it, because I'd be called Fresley.

Quote Originally Posted by abeezee
    I recently posted Marcella on a poll and no one voted for it!!!

What do you think of combining mom and dad's names into a name?
    Marc + Angela = Marcella

We recently had a fabulous trip to Italy and I fell in love with that country, so we would use the Italian pronunciation of Marcella, with a ch sound instead of a soft C.

Nn could be Cella(pronounced chella).

What do you think?
    I love it! I'm not generally in favor of smooshing names together but in this case, since it is a legitimate name, and you have a lovely family story to go with it, it's fantastic. Chella is a darling nn too.
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman

I'd love to be able to do the same with my husbands name and my own but Dali I don't like and Lida would be a no go form DH.
    Marcella - I like it but don't love it, that's just my personal taste. Lately I've been thinking about Marla which when I look at it is also Marc and Angela meshed together. I'd use the nn Marlie/Marley.

Cella - nice nn. One of the favorite candies in my house is Cella's chocolate covered cherries. As a name it feels very decadent and sweet.

Marcella is beautiful - esp with "ch" sound. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by abeezee
    I recently posted Marcella on a poll and no one voted for it!!!

What do you think of combining mom and dad's names into a name?
    Marc + Angela = Marcella

What do you think?
    I think I would combine the names into an anagram:

Marc + Angela = "Carma Angel"

-- Nephele