Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alliteration?

Re: Alliteration?

I really love alliteration names like january jones! To me it sounds good to have the first name and middle name start with the same letter as well such as Azalea amathyst. A front runner for girls names, before we found out it was a boy, was Clementine Coffin. Must admit that I prefer alliteration names for girls, but if done right can totally work for a boy too.

I second (or third?) the wise Rica. :-)

I really love alliteration (I adore Lydia Louise, for example), but it all depends on the specific names being used.

Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    I second (or third?) the wise Rica. :-)

I really love alliteration (I adore Lydia Louise, for example), but it all depends on the specific names being used.

Good luck! :-)

Me? Wise? Thank you! :)

Thank you all so much, this was really helpful! In fact, our last name and this first name don't have striking similarities beyond the first letter (no Benjamin Benson or anything like that) so I guess that lessens the impact of the alliteration. I feel reassured because this is the ONLY name that we both really, really like after months of negotiations, and it just "feels" like the one to us (at least for now!)

alliteration really works for some names.. two of my all time favorite names are
    Erin Elyse and Emily Elaine
    as long as the names aren't too matchy it's ok..
    for example:: Erin Erica would never work...