Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: I know that Nameberry users usually like more classic names,

I like Teabees suggestion of using Hayley for one daughter Julianne for the next. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    I would not name my child Hayley. I do however like Julianne.

Why not do switcheroo and have Julianne Hayley?
    I totally agree. I love Julianne. My friend Julianne is a beautiful ballerina (no really, a real one). Why not Julianne Hayley?

I'm a closet Hayley fan too!!! I like the spelling Hayley. My dad's favourite name was Hayley after the actress Hayley Mills from the Parent Trap. Go with a name you love!

As for popular names - I had/have one. I liked that it wasn't Jennifer. In the scheme of things, everything that wasn't Jennifer didn't feel epidemic at my school. At 12th place, it was nearly exactly as common in the year I was born as Emma in 1st place is now.

As for mega-names. I have a bit of hesitation for names in this category, but feel less concerned overall for names that represent the reality - Hayley has a good history, Aidan is a real name, Michaela is a real name. Braden, McKayla, etc. are derivative - I would go to the source. Bailey and Hayley = ok. If you're just rhyming and using a random initial, now you're getting ridiculous. I would always be in favor of a Hayley than if you said your heart was set on naming your daughter after your best friend, McKayla and it had to be spelled that way and not the admirable Michaela. I think Hayley is the best way to spell Hayley also. I find the deep roots of the meganames much more respectable than the offshoots, and I think Hayley isn't just a part of the category, but rather an early inspiration for so many parents to emulate in somewhat sloppy and whimsical fashion. As modern as it sounds, it's at least the real deal.

As for down the road - I have read all your suggestions and didn't see one for a first name of your choice (and closer with your core style) with two middle names, Hayley Julianne. Would that work?

I love it. I would spell it Haileigh Julianne, but that's just me!