Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Expecting Second Daughter and Need Name Expertise!

Hey guys. I am new to nameberry. I have an 11 month old daughter named Annelise Kate and just found out that I am pregnant with our second daughter (80% sure its a girl - will know for sure at next ultrasound). The girls will be about 15 months apart.

I really like older sounding names and really like the name Adelaide for her, but am afraid of getting into the A name trap, since I think that we might have one more in a few years. Please suggest some names, I am really not sure what sounds good with Annelise Kate (Annie)! Thanks

Re: Expecting Second Daughter and Need Name Expertise!

I love the name Annelise Kate! Very pretty!

I think that Adelaide is very nice with Annelise. They are both German and old fashioned sounding and not too popular. Annie and Addie are cute nns for them, but may be too close, imo.

I think Adelaide would be very pretty but I can understand your concern about falling into a letter theme with "A".

Annelise and

Beatrice
    Caroline
    Delilah
    Eugenia
    Eulalie
    Josephine - I like this one a lot with Annelise. Annie and Josie.
    Katherine - Annie and Katie
    Paulina

So would you name her Adelaide or not? Do you have any suggestions instead of Adelaide?

Other names we like are Emmeline, Adeline, Alice, Allegra, Corinne, Lisette, Madeline, Marguerite... Matilda, Louise, Johanna, Eleanor, Esther, Dorothea/Dorothy, Pearl, Olive, Violette, Willa, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by disa_lan
    I think Adelaide would be very pretty but I can understand your concern about falling into a letter theme with "A".

Annelise and

Beatrice
    Caroline
    Delilah
    Eugenia
    Eulalie
    Josephine - I like this one a lot with Annelise. Annie and Josie.
    Katherine - Annie and Katie
    Paulina
    My husband has a cousin that he is close to named Josie and Katherine is out, because I already have an Annelise Kate.