Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Twin girl names for sister Dottie

Just to add to my first post above, I was thinking that if you don't like the Australian theme of Matilda and Adelaide, perhaps you may like Adelia as an alternative to Adelaide.

Good luck! :-)

I love Dorothy Violet and Matilda Rose together I think they're perfect!
    I guess I'm not getting the Australian tie to Dorothy and Matilda. If it's only because they are popular in Australia then I wouldn't worry about it. Am I missing something?

Let see -

Anastasia - nn Ann, Annie, or Stacy
    Beverly - is this too dated? nn Bee
    Eugenia - I love this name so much.
    Florence - nn Flora, Florrie, or Flossie
    Francesca - nn Fran, Franny, Frankie, or Francie
    Gertrude - nn Trudy or Gerty
    Juniper - suggested by Jill as a mn I love it as a first.
    Josephine - nn Jo or Josie
    Josefina - a twist on the above.
    Lavinia/Livinia - nn Vinnie or Liv

Thank you Jill. I am so glad that you and Susan like my little darling's name!

Matilda (Mattie or Tillie): I think this is darling, and very sweet with Dorothy. :-)
    * I think this is becoming our top name right now

Harriet (Hattie): I love Hattie, but guess I'm more of a Henrietta person. I think it's perfect with Dorothy, though!
    * My mom does not like this name at all!! Not that she is naming the babies, but we value their opinions.

Penelope (Poppy or Penny): I love Penelope, nn Poppy, but to me, it feels more modern than Dorothy.

Adelaide (Addie): Very pretty...
    * My sister has informed me that Addison nn Addie has become really popular. Is Adelaide too close? Also, should we be afraid of teasing potential bc of "laid" in the name?

Margaret (Maggie or Daisy): I love this, and the Maisie nickname, too.
    *Mother in law does not like Maggie or Margaret for some reason. Daisy still in running for mn.

Eleanor (Ellie or Nora): I really love Eleanor, but because it's popular and close to the popular Ella, it doesn't feel as old as Dorothy to me.
    * I always thought of Eleanor's as grandmas. I had no idea it was so popular!

Delphine- nn Della... thats cute.

I love Juniper! We have a June in the family and I think that would be a great way to honor her.

Disa-lan,

There is a city named Adelaide and there is a song apparently called "waltzing Matilda" that is apparently popular in Australia.

It is not a clear connection, or a really strong one, but my sister is really sharp on these things.

I don't think that my husband and I particularly mind having a theme, per say, especially since it is a bit of a stretch.

Disa-Lan

I love love the nn Annie!! What about Annelise/Anneliese?? Does that go well with Dorothy?

I also just thought of Bonnie. Dottie and Bonnie. But I am unsure of a longer name for her.

Florence - nn Flora, Florrie, or Flossie - like
    Francesca - nn Fran, Franny, Frankie, or Francie - like
    Gertrude - nn Trudy or Gerty - no way would my mom let me do that! lol.
    Juniper - suggested by Jill as a mn I love it as a first. - love June as nn.
    Josephine - nn Jo or Josie - like
    Lavinia/Livinia - nn Vinnie or Liv - I prefer Lavender.

Right now we prefer Lavender, Lilac and Iris as the middle name options as suggested by sister and mom because of their old fashioned feel and purple flower.