Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

middle name for Julia

I need help finding middle name ideas for Julia (see my post under "more name ideas"). Julia Charlotte seemed like the perfect combo, but my sister just had a baby girl and used Charlotte for the mn. I also like:

Julia Margaret
    Julia Violet
    Julia Elizabeth
    Julia Clare
    Julia Clara

Possibly we'd do Julia Natalie or Julia Noelle to honor a relative, though I don't love either of those names. I really want something "pretty" like Julia Charlotte or Julia Caroline (which I won't do bc my name is Caroline). A "C" name also honors a relative. I also love Julia Catherine and Julia Louise, but we wouldn't do those because of various relatives with those first names. We also need something that goes with our last name, which begins with a hard "G" (two syllables).

I'm not 100% set on Julia as the first name, but it's the one we keep coming back to and feels the most natural. Though I'm despairing because it seems like all the prettiest Julia combos are out of the running for us for one reason or another. We like classic names such as: Jane, Victoria, Amelia, Georgina, Josephine, Alexandra. My husband likes Sophie and Isabel, but they're too popular for me.

I still have a lot of time--due December 26th. Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: middle name for Julia

I'm so sorry about Julia Charlotte, but I hope your sister's baby is doing well! :-)

From your list, I really love Julia Margaret and Julia Violet. :-)

If you'd like something similar in sound to Charlotte, what about Julia Scarlett? (It may be too close to Charlotte, but I thought I'd see.) :-)

I think that Julia Claire is really pretty, but when I say it out loud, I still hear Julie uh-claire, like "eclair," the dessert. That's just me, though. :-) I just love the name Julia!

Some more to honor a relative:

Julia Clementine
    Julia Camille
    Julia Catherine
    Julia Constance

Good luck, Caroline! :-)

Just to add to the above:

Julia Blythe
    Julia Frances
    Julia Kate

Good luck! :-)

I love Julia Claire with the "aire" spelling for Claire. So lovely! I love it even more than Julia Charlotte.
    Also love Julia Frances!

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Just to add to the above:

Julia Blythe
    Julia Frances
    Julia Kate

Good luck! :-)
    Thanks for these suggestions, Jill. Julia Catherine/Kate is gorgeous, but doesn't work because that's my sister's name (Catherine/Kate). I don't love Constance, Clementine, Camille, or Blythe. A good friend just used Frances for her daughter's name, so I also don't want to use that.

Hence, I'm looking at Julia Margaret, Julia Violet, Julia Claire. Do you think Julia Clara works or do you not like the double "a" ending? What about Julia Natalie? I know you're not a fan of Natalie, and I don't love it either, but I can't avoid the nagging feeling that we should be honoring our "N" relative. Or Julia Nell (I know, you're going to say that sounds like Julie uh-nell!)? Maybe two mn's is the answer, to get one I love, and one that honors our relative. For example, Julia Natalie Violet or Julia Violet Nell. But not sure I'm into the idea of two mns....