Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Will Oliver always be called Ollie?

I think Oliver is cute for a little boy but as a grown man...I find it rather dorky. I dated a German guy named Oliver for two weeks and ended it because I couldn't get past his name.

Quote Originally Posted by karaf78
    I think Oliver is cute for a little boy but as a grown man...I find it rather dorky. I dated a German guy named Oliver for two weeks and ended it because I couldn't get past his name.

That seems like a very strange reason to end things...
    Ollie might be better suited to a child, but I don't feel like Oliver is boyish or dorky in the least.

No, I don't think he will necessarily become an Ollie. I've been really surprised and pleased to see other parents and teachers using children's full names, and NOT shortening them as everyone did when I was in school. I know Olivers and Samsons and Nathaniels etc etc , and no one calls them Sam or Ollie or Nate.

I don't think I EVER saw the word "liver" in Oliver!!! That is so shocking to me!!! I just scratched it off my long list and it's been on my long list for over 3 years!!!! I can't get over the "liver" now! Ha....darn.

I love Oliver and even the nn Ollie. However I've never heard an Oliver I've known called Ollie. My husband usually calls our nephews Mr. Q for Quinn, Mr. E for Ethan and well Tyler is just Tyler because Mr. T is a hard name for a little guy to live up too ;) Would Mr. O be strange? What about Lee is that a stretch? Probably.