Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Susan: Queen of Nameberry! (A Tribute Thread)

Hi, everyone! It's long overdue, but I'm thrilled to finally begin a thread devoted to Nameberry's creative gem, Susan! :-) (Applause! Applause! Applause!)

I don't know about you, but I personally can't imagine Nameberry without the lovely and creative Susan, and I hope that she never stops posting here! She possesses an incredible grasp of names, ranging from the offbeat and quirky to the stunningly elegant and regal. Susan is generous, gentle, and genuine, and has the ability to effortlessly reach, touch, and help every single poster here.

She is open, honest, caring, and kind, and has the uncanny ability to calm stormy waters should they arise. While I've never actually met Susan, I feel as though she is a true friend, and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

So, Susan, I'm now handing you a virtual crown (I just had extra diamonds added), because you are now the Queen of Nameberry! :-)

If you have ever been helped by the wonderful Susan or simply would like to pay tribute to her, here's your chance!

1. What is/are your favorite thing(s) about Susan?

2. What name do you now love because of Susan?

3. What gem most reminds you of Susan? (We'll add it to her crown...)

4. If you could send Susan a gift, what would it be, and why?

5. If Susan were a color, which would she be?

You're the best, Susan! :-)

Re: Susan, Queen of Nameberry: A Tribute Thread

1. What is/are your favorite thing(s) about Susan? Susan is a true friend, and I value that infinitely. She never fails to stand up for others (trust me, I know), and does so with tact and grace. Susan's genuine personality and ability to express herself are things I treasure.

2. What name do you now love because of Susan? Susan has made me love the name Veronica, and because of her, I also love the name Susannah.

I'll go with diamond, because she's strong, reliable, gentle, and graceful. (And diamonds are the best!) :-)

4. If you could send Susan a gift, what would it be, and why? I'll send her a virtual polar fleece bathrobe, because she types late at night, and I want her to be comfortable.

5. If Susan were a color, which would she be? Yellow, because she's warm, cheerful, and calming.

Re: Susan: Queen of Nameberry! (A Tribute Thread)

Jill, you are so nice! Well, if I'm the queen, then you are the empress! Hmmm, how do you spell that? Is that right?
    Thank you for all my presents! I am giving you a present, too - eighteen kids, what do you think?
    I will show this thread to my family. They will be surprised and happy!
    Since I am completely obsessed with names, it's my joy to help people think of names for their babies. In fact in the past, before there was Nameberry, my sister and I used to say to each other that the best job ever would be to think of babies' names. I think we were right!
    I'm sure my husband loves the way I spend time on Nameberry posting about names rather than talking to him about them! He gets a break!

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Hi, everyone! It's long overdue, but I'm thrilled to finally begin a thread devoted to Nameberry's creative gem, Susan! :-) (Applause! Applause! Applause!)

I don't know about you, but I personally can't imagine Nameberry without the lovely and creative Susan, and I hope that she never stops posting here! She possesses an incredible grasp of names, ranging from the offbeat and quirky to the stunningly elegant and regal. Susan is generous, gentle, and genuine, and has the ability to effortlessly reach, touch, and help every single poster here.

She is open, honest, caring, and kind, and has the uncanny ability to calm stormy waters should they arise. While I've never actually met Susan, I feel as though she is a true friend, and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

So, Susan, I'm now handing you a virtual crown (I just had extra diamonds added), because you are now the Queen of Nameberry! :-)

If you have ever been helped by the wonderful Susan or simply would like to pay tribute to her, here's your chance!

1. What is/are your favorite thing(s) about Susan? She has great insight into names and I love how she is always interested in trends, things that she notices, always looking for hidden gems (the spirit of NB!) She should have her own thread for creating Outhip the Hipsters alone.

2. What name do you now love because of Susan? Phoebe and Lionel nn Leo (Susans approval has actually made me brave enough to use it. In top 3. Oh and Hollis, that's pretty daring and awesome...

Opal...the best of all the gemstone names of course!

A camera so she could show us all the cool people and things she writes about in LA.
    Lavendar or a shade of Iris

Thanks Susan/great thread Jill = )

Quote Originally Posted by jill

She is so funny!
    Anna
    Rubies
    Something funny, but subtle, cause' shes hilarious
    Yellow, it makes people happy