Names Searched Right Now:
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    My name is Tara and I wasn't named for Gone With The Wind, but I always thought that the concept of being named after a SLAVE PLANTATION & romanticized version of the old south would be kind of....racist-ish. But it seems like so many people love that movie so maybe I was the only one that read into it being a weird story???

Anyways I always felt a little strange when people said, "Oh like Gone With The Wind!" about my name. I happen to be named after a Soap Opera character!

Columbine (big time) and Lolita and Jemima. I also adore Atlas, but every time I bring it up my friends say "...Shrugged?" Yeah, NOT an association I want my son to have.
    Simon, Eloise/Louise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Conrad, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Dashiell, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Archer, Gabriel, Persephone, Raphael, Dov

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I really like Tarot (pronounced Tarrow) for a girl, and Pagan for a boy (although, surprisingly, it sounds pretty trendy, so I am falling out of 'like' with that one). Lucifer SOUNDS beautiful, and if I put myself out of the associations I love the SOUND of Harlet for a girl. Meh. I also really like Saoirse (with the Sare-sha pronunciation) but I'm not digging the political connotation. I also really liked Cohen until I found out it had the religious ties that it did. No idea!

London, England
    Oh, Madeleine McCann... I start crying just thinking about it (I've cried in bookshops from just seeing the book too). So sad. It's a very pretty name, unfortunately it's a name born by many a b*tch.

Mine are Nero, and I am going to copy Augs' Atlas and Columbine. Oh, how I love Columbine!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Los Angeles
    I really like the name Lenina. But that's an obvious no go for a lot of people.
    Evangeline is one of my favorite names for sound and flow, but the religious meaning is a huge turn off for me and my SO so that was off the table almost immediately.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~