Names Searched Right Now:
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Colombine is so pretty. Colombia might be a better choice though.

I knew a boy named Arian. I always thought it was an odd choice & wondered why his parents picked it!

I think it's odd that names trend upward when children by that name are featured in the news as victims.

Aurora was one of the top names on my list, but after the shooting, I couldn't do it. I think it's still popularly used, though.

Ophelia is another one who's connotations are too tragic, although I'd use Juliet in a heartbeat!

I think Adolf is a really nice name, too, but not in America these days. Also, at least up north, Jemima seems pretty unusable, because people consider it racist.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Cohen is the only one I can think of. I used to love the name as a teen, but I had no idea that it is offensive. (I still don't fully understand why the name is offensive but I understand that it is offensive in some way so I couldn't use it.) I still love the sound of it now. I probably couldnt use it because my brother is called Callum and it's a little too close, but I still like it.
    Hazel Naomi ♥ Arthur Redding

I love, love, love the name Madeleine. It's perfect in every way...apart from the McCann association. If you're not British, I don't think it would be as much of an issue, but here I know that it's still very much in the public conscience. Perhaps when the time comes for me to have children that connotation will have faded away, but for now I'd say it's a bit soon.

And Lucifer. It's a great name, it has a great rhythm, a great sound, and a great meaning, and I'd probably still use it if I knew that the super-devout religious nutcases wouldn't come after me with machetes. (Obviously most religious people aren't like that at all...but I'm sure I'd soon find a few that were if I used the name.) And I couldn't do that to a child.

I'm also a little bit iffy on Bridget. Has that association died down now? Because I'm seeing it on a few lists lately...and I love it.
    Livia, sixteen.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan | August Dmitri | Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve | Briony Paloma | Emilia Seren

Pondering: Enya ?, Caius Jonah

Namelist

Quote Originally Posted by princessnoribori View Post
    I think Bellatrix has two adorable nn's to go with it, Bella and Trixie, but Bellatrix Lestrange makes it off-limits, especially with me being such a huge Harry Potter fan.
    I really love Hermione (partly because of the books and partly because I quite liked it before as well) but I probably wouldn't be able to use it because when my daughter introduced herself she'd probably get the "oh so your parents liked Harry Potter then". Although I am a HUGH fan and I guess it's a lot better an association than some things (Hermione is an awesome character). So I feel your pain