Names Searched Right Now:
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    I really like the name Mara, but it means "bitter". I still think I would consider it regardless of the negative meaning, but still. I'd feel bad giving that name to my daughter.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I like the idea of calling a girl Argentina. It sounds really pretty to me, and I'd love to visit the country sometime. And it is an real name - there was an Argentine actress called Argentina Brunetti. However, a lot of other people don't like it, both because it's so widely recognised as a place name and because of the unpleasant association with the Falklands War. (Or the Malvinas War, if you prefer...) I also quite like America, but couldn't use it for similar reasons. Or Persia, with all this sabre-rattling towards Iran going on.

I love Lolita, both the name and the book, but the associations make it too unsavoury for me to use.
    Last edited by amylove; December 29th, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

This one wouldn't be as much offensive as it would be stupid. Malheureuse (or the male form 'Malheureux') is one of my favourite words and whenever I say it out loud, I think of what a great girls name it would be (especially with the nickname "Mal"). However, naming a child "miserable" is too much of a stretch for me
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I like the name Jezebel, but like others said, it has evil connections, so I'll probably never use it. Same goes for Delilah.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

My daughter's name is Pandora Hope. I call her Panda, Panda bear, and Panda-roo . I have gotten compliments and criticism.... I can see it either way but as a parent I will raise her to be proud of her nontraditional name and own it. Originally her name was not intended to be linked to the myth but I just could not find a more fitting middle name <3 it was perfect (to me)