Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    I've heard of the 'anal' connection with Lana, but it wouldn't stop me using it. It's one of my favourites. It's pretty and simple, and has a ring of vintage Hollywood-glamour about it which I just love (although my profile image of early-Nancy Sinatra sort of gives that away).
    Last edited by oliviasarah; February 5th, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student/traveller, obsessively maternal - with a darling black cat named Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Polly

I love the name Jude as a nickname and I think it's a really amzing name meaning 'happy/praise'. I had thought about Judah but like Jonas instead of Jonah and Tobias instead of Tobiah, I much prefer Judas to Judah; except, I cannot call a son Judas due to the whole Judas/Jesus association. Same goes with Lucifer. Lucy I liked for a girl but if I hear 'JuicyLucy' Loose Lucy' or 'Lucykaboosey' one more time, I will commit crime D:
    Madeline is another I personally couldn't use due to Madeline McCann connotations. There are a lot of gaelic names I love but can't use due to the political state of my country and opinions of local older people.

I also ADORE the names Sweeney (little hero) and Todd (fox)....but "These are my sons: Sweeney and Todd" or worse "This is my son, Sweeney Todd (LN)" somehow I don't think would go down to well.
    Last edited by elnombre; February 11th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Lachlan Robert Alexander~Henry Peter Drennan (Harry)~Thackeray Noah Benjamin~James David Arthur(Jimmy)Samantha Anne Margot~Helena Darcy~Hanna Grace~Rachel Genevieve~Emily Faith~Sydney Marie~Kathleen Alice (Kay)

Proud mummy to Benedict Fergus William age 5.

Love is a much stronger tie than blood.

I never thought about Lana spelled backward.... I do remember in American Pie (was it?) where some guy says Naomi spelled backwards is "I moan" and that turned me off that name.

I loved the name Ariel growing up (pre-little Mermaid) but it has been ruined by the Little Mermaid.

I recently suggested Eleanor, nn Nelly to my husband and he said no way b/c of the rapper Nelly (we live in St. Louis so it's even worse : (

This may sound incredibly ignorant, but why would the name India be offensive? I've heard of more than one India in my small town, and I live in Wisconsin. People have been saying they're afraid of naming their kid India, but I was just wondering why.

Psalm 23