Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Minorly Offensive Names You Love (but can't use)

Have you ever found a beautiful name but were unable to admit that it was your favourite to other people because you'd seem like a racist/sadist/bigot/insert-unpleasant-name? Here you can share your love of tainted names with other people who appreciate that names should always be given a second chance.

I personally love Columbine. It's floral without being prissy, French without being frilly, a little Catherine and a little Lillian. And the upside is, no one else would have it!
    Girls' Top Ten: Painter, Caoimhe, Coppelia, Glasgow, Undine, Severine, Niamh, Lumina, Poem, Iphigenia

Boys' Top Ten: River, Lysander, Wilder, Gill, Phoenix, Melchior, Harry, Lee, Pryor, Lennox

I like Allegra, Catrina, Romeo, and Dixie. Obviously can't use them.
    Lily - Eliza - Isabelle - Rose - Margaret - Coraline - Emilia - Hazel
    Oliver - Simon - Jasper - Theodore - Henry - Leopold - Ezra - Jack

I know both an Arian and an Ivori, and they both wear their names well, but I do admit I did think about the word aryan when I first met him. Also I have always wondered about Ivori. Her father was black, but very light skinned and her mother was white. Ivori, herself, just looks white... hmm.

Sierra Ann
    No babies yet, just novel babies!
    Charlie, August, Jonas, Lincoln, Beckett, Whittaker
    Aurelie, Carolina, Lorelei, Selah, Annelie, Coralie
    http://distinctivelyknown.tumblr.com

I know an Aaryn. He's indian, and it fits him.
    I love Biddy as a nm for Elizabeth, but the old biddy association is what most people would think.

I like Cain/Cane, Katrina (which I'm not American so it's still workable), Arian on a boy (I'm an Aries and we're called Arians, so it's got that connotation to me, but you know..the whole Aryan thing), Delilah.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto