Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Re: Minorly Offensive Names You Love (but can't use)

While I'm not sure what everyone would think, I don't think Ivory would be racist since Ebony was / is a popular name, and I don't think many people have a problem with that. many popular names today mean 'white ___' like Gwendolyn / Bronwen.

I like Jude and Ariana (yes, spelled with one N) but can't use them because I'm Jewish and they have connotations that would be a problem.

I was thinking the same thing about Homer and Romeo, though not Juliet for some reason, maybe because I know a Juliet who loves her name.

I like the sound of John Wilkes. I also like Lincoln. Probably not a good pairing for brothers.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Dixie, but I think we all know that people would assume that I'm racist or that my child is racist ( at some point in her life), so alas, I must let this name go. But I've loved it since I was a little girl. Therefore, my horse is named Dixie!

Mine is Jaycee:( I love Jaycee. It's not fair, if her name had been Emma or Olivia it wouldn't have forbidden those names.
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307